Hammer is Randomly Hitting Blocks

I’ve noticed this happening to gold grapples, and other tools.

But, sometimes (it doesn’t happen all the time, it’ll just randomly happen) when I’m mining my hammer will start hitting blocks randomly even tho I’m not pressing anything. I usually mine on tier 5-6 planets, such as: Besevrona, Shedu Tier, Houchus, Malulakrib, etc.

What I’m normally doing:

1. Get a gem aoe hammer(no quirks except for maybe aggravated attacks)
  2. Go to one of the planets.
  3. Dig down(I just use my hammer occasionally because it is not a lot of dirt to get through) to some kind of altitiude(idk if it matters)
  4. I also grapple down the hole while using my hammer, sometimes, and it will start doing it.
  5. Then the hammer might strike randomly.

Sometimes it’ll happen when looking up, looking down, when using the non-hammer hand simultaneously(grapple), and maybe more.

Note: I play with an Xbox Controller on my PC

1 Like

Mine does also but different triggers.

If im holding a chisel coming into the game portal, ill just start chiseling.
If i attempt to put something in my hands but it doesnt go for some reason, itll start hitting/chiseling/
Ive also closed out signs (after editing) and whatever is in my left hand starts going nuts.

Only way to stop is click the left button.

I live in the sky, and this doesnt help.

1 Like

Wow I’ll make sure to be more careful with my chisels too. :open_mouth:
That’s weird, I’ve noticed it does it more when both hands are full.
Sometimes if I click the same button it stops for a minute(make sure to just face air, not blocks you want to keep)

I decided to use a chisel for a bit, and noticed the problem you had, Unciviled. It just started to whack randomly.

If the item has been forged, it may have a quirk called “Wonky trigger”. Causes it to hit at random.

Reporting in.

Thought this was a problem with my POS mouse button sticking or something. Very familiar with Wonky Trigger Finger or whatever it’s called but this happens with unforged items equipped as well.

If it happened more it would be as irritating as the game constantly switching and unequipping my grapples (or any smart stacked item when specific items inside the stack are equipped, and especially to the “off” hand).

I’m glad to know it’s not just me that occasionally comes in from the sanctum or through a portal and bashes a wall out of my house or something.

1 Like

Glad to know it’s not my mouse at least for now

The only quirk I had on the gem hammer was aggravated attacks, otherwise I generally don’t buy hammers with quirks.

This isn’t the only hammer I’ve had problems with. I’ve had problems with basic gem hammers, small amounts of quirks, gold grapples, and chisels.