Grapple trolling

Sorry to report this, but I got harassed by player xipain.

I have recorded it and here is the video https://youtu.be/hHmAwbpxRKs

He got me grappled and I couldn’t just walk away without dragging him with me. I was minding my own business on Therka market and this guy just latched onto me and started cursing me for whatever reason, also offered trade a few times.

After going to sanctum to get rid of him, and getting back to the location after about 5 minutes he again grappled me and also started cursing once again. I have that recorded too, but don’t won’t to waste your time with that. (can upload if needed)

Had a very long day, just wanted to relax a bit in my fave game, and than there’s this idiot ruining it. Hope we won’t get much of these in the future.
Also, please remove player grappling player! Or find a way that it can’t be abused. I couldn’t run (sprint) with him latched on, just walk.

4 Likes

What a douche. Next time maybe when you exit to Sanctum just warp to a different saved location and then you can continue playing/relaxing in this wonderful game. Sucks that people have to be trolls and harass people. Sucky part is that it will probably only get worse as more and more people find out about this game. Hopefully I’m wrong but seems like with online multiplayer games you always end up with some trolls in the game.

5 Likes

It really is a shame people deliberately try to ruin other players experience in this wonderful game.

1 Like

Best I can tell, the last grief report I remember seeing posted was two years ago. These kinda people tend to… dissapear.

7 Likes

We have an extensive design for more anti-griefing and muting features. These would allow you to mute another player for a session or permanently. Muting would block all interactions with the offending player. Additionally you will be able to report players directly in game.

So we have features planned that will hopefully deal with this sort of thing. Sadly these will be required as the number of players grows.

13 Likes

I have to agree with @TwistedFoot, things like this will happen more often as the game becomes more popular - and it’s not this that worries me; it’s beacon griefing, or building huge phallic monuments on nearby mountains overlooking your settlement.

1 Like

Thankfully phallic monuments can be dealt with as they have constant coordinates, and can probably be reported very easily.

Though yeah, I can see a future where people believe they truly are Boundless to build anything and they will do that:/

2 Likes

That’s a total shame.

Personally I’ve been playing the game for the last two months and have no such experience happen. It’s been two months of fun and enjoyment. This community rocks.

It’s been fun “missusing” grapples. When we first openers portals and many other times. We’ve always been at it with grapples. And stopped when someone asked. It’s on the respect ans freedom of it. Where you find respectful players. So as bothersome that the grapple can be, it can be fun too for both parts. And i think James report solution should hold sufficient to limit the grapple.

4 Likes

I know this is unsportsman-like conduct, but I would have gladly anti-griefed him for you :smiling_imp: All-Day!

3 Likes

how do you warp to a different location from the sanctum?

look to the portal to the right instead of the one on the left. go up to it and click e to interact and then selct a location from your saved locations. give it a few to stew it up and smack it with your totem and voila!

3 Likes

this should really be in a tutorial or something lol
Edit: uses coins, got it. I appreciate it guys! :slight_smile:

1 Like

note that this DOES use coins

1 Like

They’re adding tutorials soon @Durzio. In the meanwhile feel free to ask any questions here or on the community Discord - someone will no doubt have an answer.

3 Likes

Yeah, what James mentioned seems like a good solution. Though (even without that) nothing can stop me from playing Boundless :smiley:
Just wanted to report in case anyone has interactions with the player.

I haven’t had any bad experiences either, it has been a smooth ride, what’s more all other players I have interacted with were more than helpful.

1 Like