Healers need addressed before 1.0 please

@SamF @james Hello guys, The updates are awesome and having a lot of fun.
I love healing, but there are a couple major problems with the boundless healing skills. Please consider my experience with them below.

Problem 1. Revive will keep everyone dead but one person.
the why: In a meteor hunt with 20 people, you can count on 17 of them to die. Or at least 5-10 at the same time. It is not fair to have a 150-300 second timer per revive? By design is telling everyone that most of you are not important enough and will be forced on the 50%xp wagon. Because by the time I can revive again the entire group is dead including myself, because I couldn’t revive the half of the team that is dead at my feet. Which is who was protecting the healer.
A Possible Fix: No timer at all, we already have to make augments per use. And let it cost stamina.

Problem 2. Bombs are the worst tool/weapon in the game.
the why:
a) Worst durability item in the game. Lower than a wooden pickle.

b) Expensive to make, and volatile blood is still the rarest blood in the game.

c) Near impossible to hit targets in either healing or damaging.

A Possible Fix:
a.)Double the durability, (it’s that bad)

b.) Possibly leave this alone or increase volatile blood drop rates a tad more.

c.) This is a big one, Have auto aim when healing bomb selected, with key-bound next target button option. In every mmo I’ve played, there is single heals and group aoe heals. We cannot target a running dodging jumping ally in a meteor hunt. Impossible. Which results in half my bombs worn out that healed no one. It’s actually very hard to hit ground mobs to.

I made a healer specific alt. I so hope its viable soon, for meteor hunts. The suggestions I made really are just the norm for all games with healers.

13 Likes

I think a timer still is a good thing, but the time is way to long to be used even twice in a single combat (at least for the meteros I found on testing back the old days). if you could rez like hell (stamina is no prob and if prepared you could spam it) it would be to powerful, but to be able to rez one each 30 or 60 secs would be way more reasonable then 5 mins ^^ Guildwars 1 also had rez cooldown of 30 to 60 seconds and it felt tactical but not to limited

1 Like

Guild wars is totally apple to oranges when comparing the two games. I don’t see how it hurts the game if there is no timer. It cost the healer to heal you and rez others. It takes time to do this in the heat of the battle, and try to manually click on someone, and all the mobs aggro you like everyone else. You have to survive as well while trying to rez players with bombs dropping on you. Most players die in the middle where the bombs drop.

If there absolutely needs to be a timer, in the middle of a meteor, I say 10 seconds is pushing it. Anything over that and it’s forcing people to have death penalty. No one will sit around and wait until its their turn to get rezzed, and lose all the loot.

Ten people die at once, totally still happens. Large groups spawn lvl 6 meteors(scaled to the group and planet). People will die. Would you want to be the 10th person in line for a rez during a hot meteor if the timer is 30 secs or more? No one else would either.

There can’t be just these 2 options:

1. you sit there and wait for a rez and lose all the xp, and possibly the reward while your waiting.

2. you respawn in with very low stats,(even though you just got a new body), and lose half the xp you can make now and even on the next meteor. But you most likely will die the next one to, so rinse and repeat. And still possibly lose the reward on the current meteor if you don’t make it back on time.

1 Like

If the majority of the group is dying then would it not be a logical assumption that the event is above the difficulty threshold of the group? Would it not be more efficient to split into smaller groups and farm level 3s that you can live through then getting basically party wiped every time when doing a level 6?

(Fixed spelling)

Have you gone on a meteor hunt yet? If they let us have a 20 man hunt group, and the meteor scales to the group, then why shouldn’t we be allowed to do it. Higher level players on a 20 man hunt spawn even harder mobs in a meteor. They scale to the groups. We shouldn’t have to NOT go on a large hunt because healer skill sets have a couple flaws.

If your cool with not getting a rez until after the meteor is over, and you see a lot of healers in the game, and you can say “Thank god we had a healer with us”, then there isn’t an issue. But none of this is true yet. I want it to be true. I want a group to be happy a healer is with them. But if they can’t do much good, its just a waste of a furball that could of been another slingbow.

Infact keep in mind, and if you went on those hunts this next point you will get. The hunts are moving so fast, its hard to get all the creature loots and keep up with the group running to the next meteor. How much would they hate waiting around while a healer is standing there every 300 secs rezing one person at a time? The dead would just get left behind, or eveyone stuck on 50% xp. Thus making healers suck.

3 Likes

Are there any other rez mechanics in the game? Limited use skills? Potions? Etc? (being serious, I have no idea)

There are healing drinks. And if you eat till your full it builds health. very slowly.
Other than the 300 sec timer for rez. there isn’t anything else yet.

The game is good, and hunts are fun. It’s just for the cost of being a healer, making bombs, forging them into healing bombs, and mass crafting rez augment stones, healing the team, bombs inaccurately hitting nothing, they can use some help.

Yeah, there definitely should be something additional or less of a timer for sure for rezzing others.

Out of curiosity, are you able to self rez?

nope. so when the healer goes down, and there isn’t 2 of them, or they are helping others, your screwed

Sounds like the current rez isn’t enough. I can understand that long of a timer for self rez, but for helping others, there should be less of a timer/more rez options for others. If there are separate skills/abilities for rez self and rez others, you could leave it at 5 or even 10-15 min for self rez and bring the timer way down for rezzing other people.

Use to it didn’t matter if you died or if there wasn’t a healer. But now there is a lot of time and xp lost. So it majorly matters now. We should be able to hit big hunts, and should be able to do good leveling while hunting. After I went on a decent hunt, I missed 2 rewards, and only gained 3/4 of a level, and owe 1500 xp points that I get to pay back at 50% of the going rate.

I use to role play a healer in several mmo’s. It is a work in progress here though. Is why I am giving my feedback. Healers are very hollow here.

3 Likes

All good. Information like this helps them try to balance everything.

I have the answer. just thought of it! Instead of a death penalty, call it a death sickness, and it totaly is still 50% and owe 1500 points. BUT a healer, and only a healer can cure that sickness with a Cure all bomb. Otherwise they still have the sickness.

Now there is proper cost with a cure to fix, and nothing is free or over powering. And it makes players really WANT a healer around.

1 Like

I think the answer you will get is that you are going to have to wait for higher tier weapons to fight the higher tier meteors. With the resistance in the mobs, number of hits does not seem to be the answer. . It seems that it might be some particular weapon that we are going to have to have forged. I agree with you that this does not seem like a good mechanic, but I have a feeling that is the intent.

1 Like

Yes, our guild has done meteor hunts on lamblis with 3 of us. We were getting level 2 and 3 meteors. No healer present in the party.

We got wrecked on a couple level 2 meteors due to poor tactics; i went yolo mode as the “tank” on one and pulled to much aggro, the second was terrible terrain an in hindsight we should have avoided that one.

Several level 3s where we approached cautiously and let the waves come to us, instead of rushing into the center, we had no problems and completed them quickly with no deaths.

The lesson we learned was poor tactics on lower levels get you killed vs good tactics on harder ones gave no problems.

Now back on the topic of healer balance, there can definitely be tweaks to make it more viable. What those balances are im not sure. I’d still recommend a change in thought process for approaching hunts until a change is made.

1 Like

I’m not actually sure what you mean. To me i interpret it that healers are not suppose to be useful until higher tier planets. But if they suck now, they will suck even harder on those planets.

@DonBab If a healer was with you guys, when you wiped out, would a healer have been able to help save you? Most likely not with current mechanics. If the healer rezzed one of you (given healer lived) would it have been enough? Most likely not, because 1 of the 3 rezzed and 300 secs waiting to heal the other 2, means the healer died to.

the point is in any mmo where there is a healer, its a game turning point. It mattered and was dependent on success to have one. Otherwise , like you guys later did, change approach. But having a healer should allow you to change your approach as well.

Right now its just a really sucky option of skill sets to try to get xp. It saves no one but maybe one person. And with as much aggro as a tank, who saves the healer?

I’m hoping to have idea’s here from everyone. Everyone cannot possibly be happy that healers have a very bad time doing their job.

1 Like

Sorry I was not addressing healers. What I was addressing was the item about the 20 man hunt group and thought you had meant the mobs seemed overwhelming.

My mistake

Maybe adding a forge ingredient that adds a skill to slingbows that causes healing per shot to friendly target that scales with intellect? Bombs for AoE healing, and slingbow special skill for single target healing. Could do an augment for slingbows that does healing instead of damage too.

We were killing things decent enough. No mob was overwhelming. It’s the amount of mobs. there isn’t a warning or description that says pre-level 20’s should not go on a hunt of more than 3-10 players, or you will absolutely die. Nor is there a description that “Even if you take a healer, only one of you will be rezzed for most of the meteor, and the healer is going to have a hard time healing you unless you just stand still and probably die before the heal bomb gets to you.”

Looking at the skill trees, there is no way of knowing there can be a healer. There is the rez skill at the bottom. But there isn’t anything that indicates a healer. So maybe I should just drop the idea of a viable healer, because there isn’t suppose to be one maybe. Just let it go?

Even with both revive epics a cool down of 150 seconds seems like a long time. In a 20 person hunt how many healers are you all bringing?

Here’s my semi random thought for possible tactic:
I haven’t done large hunts but my gut instinct would be to have 1 healer for every 4 fighters. Split into 5 person squads and each take a side of the meteor. Each group takes a flanking position in one of the cardinal directions and noone goes to the center. Stay on the outsides and stick with your asigned healer.

Could this work?

1 Like