Hearing Meteorite sounds on Sochaltin 1

Today i’ve heard at least 3 Meteorite sounds on Sochaltin 1, i heard one of these phantom meteor sounds hit the ground near the Chisel Town Portal hub, but Meteors aren’t even meant to be a thing on tier 1 planets, so don’t know why i’m hearing these phantom sounds here today.

There’s a parallel universe I guess :yum:

1 Like

Same on Phenomenon.

Wonder if anyone has actually got killed by a meteor hitting them while running around the planets, that would be a screenshot moment for sure, lol

1 Like

Don’t know about whilst running around, but on hunts people stand around waiting for it to land, and misjudge its trajectory…and splat!

Weird! We’ll look into it!

@Paradox can confirm… this happened to me, there’s even an achievement/trophy for it!

1 Like

You can hear them through portals. Maybe this?

@james I was over 75 blocks away from the Sochaltin 1 portal hub, and when i ran over to the hub the meteor sound was coming from the opposite direction to where the portal is located.

Maybe so. But it’s still likely to be coming from the portal. I’m not sure there is any logic in the engine to reposition sounds to come via the portal. (But this is still speculation.)

I can confirm i had this beckon last night and i did not have portal near me that it could load … or that i would hear it.

I just had the same on Finata.
I have 2 active portals nearby, one to Finata and one to Lamblis.
Went to Lamblis and there was no meteor nearby.

Yup, one landed on my hunter while I was on Biitula

Another confirmation that a meteor sounded on Sochaltin I Chisel Town. There is one portal to Lamblis and I immediately check if there’s a meteor on the other side but there are none. Came back to Sochaltin and the meteor sound is still on going.

@Steggs101 @james

Meteors Also beat Pheminorum to death, if you believe your ears. Have yet to see one to date. But since day one they have been heard all over the place, miles from any portal. And they sound close enough like I spawned them.

same thing on storis ll 2-3 hits sometimes and even a t5 mob spawn i have pic of it neer my town lol owner of cron town

It’s weird, I’ve been playing for only a couple of weeks, but up until today, I have not heard the sound of a meteor landing nearby. My base is on Trior and yes, I do have a couple of beacons open. However, they have been open longer than a day.

Plus, as soon as I hear it land, I jump through the portal to Biitula and look around, not a meteor in sight.

This maybe a new issue, or it might just be the same one re-appearing for this latest release.