Help for Healers

With the T7 hunts being a big step up in difficulty, I think it is time to think about how to make combat a better experience in this game. I know this game will never be combat-focused, nor should it be, but meteor hunts are one of the most fun group activities in the game, and there are relatively minor changes that could really improve the experience. I think the first step should be to make life easier for healers. Here are some ideas that I think would make healing a lot better:

Always show player health bars: This is the bare minimum that needs to be done to make healing actually work well. The biggest problem with healing imo is that it is hard to find the low health targets. Having to scan around and look at each player to see if they are low health is super inefficient. This would go a long way in making sure healers could get their bombs on the players that need them

Show health bars on players below x health or x% health: A more advanced but much more useful version of the above. Accomplished the same goals but keeps the UI cleaner and makes it even easier to find the hunters that need the heals.

Armor and/or Resistance buff on healing boon: Another level on the healing boon that adds an armor and/or resistance buff to the target would help a lot with the intense amount of damage being put out by elemental Elites on T7 worlds

Healing boon on Slingbows: Greater range and greater control in exchange for single target rather than AoE heals. Another tool in the healer tool belt would always be nice.

Separate single target healing item: The same goal as healing boon on Slingbows, but easier on forgers because it would not add another special enchant to try and roll. It would also allow it to have it’s own set of forge effects and would be easier to balance.

Those are my ideas, what would you like to see to make healing better in Boundless?

5 Likes

Are you PC or PS4? I can help you with this if you’re on PC and willing to mod an asset txt file. All I do on hunts is heal and rez, so I feel your pain. :sweat:

1 Like

Can you post whatever this mod is in here or create a new topic under the modding section explaining how to do this? Or in some other way you see fit, share this to the public?

This is not a good solution in my book, This is the lazy way to do things. This is what they did with bombs… The devs need to put in more items that are role specific and not try to create more overlap between items that we already have.

2 Likes

I don’t think @Fallon is trying to be secretive about it, it just involves modifying game files and a lot of people aren’t savvy/comfortable doing that.

Perhaps not. But I would like to know since it is one major problems I have with healing. And I am sure there might be other people who might like to know, but won’t ask. So that is why I think it would be nice to have it publicly posted somewhere.

1 Like

Area effect healing bombs, which leave a passive health regen for a given period of time, would be good. Area effect shields would be good, too, with a similar timer on their active state.

1 Like

I’m the worst teacher, so I don’t often post stuff like this. I’ll try tonight when I’m home, though!

Here’s that thing

2 Likes

Thank you.

I like the ideas for the healing improvements but agree that I would not like it as yet another forge boon on the slingbow. (I’m all about bullets of healing bc the idea has me in a fit of giggles, but I’d like to see less centraforge -heavy options)

Peeeersonally, I’d like to see farming add something to this mix. Alchemy would be interesting.
I’ve also considered the idea of something similar to nanobots, but on a more boundless-themed level and possibly make it more of a bio healing. Plants either attract specific “oort-bugs” which can be gathered for use, or the plant itself generates something to the same effect.
And possibly whatever this alchemical item is can be thrown or shot at a single target.
I enjoyed throwing the snowballs. Just putting that out there. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Are you suuuuuure you don’t want to forge these?

3 Likes

Is it easy to toggle? Because I would only want in on during hunts.

It may not be easy to fully toggle from an edit point of view, but maybe @Pfiffel can add it to his new Python mod manager if we ask nicely