Help me count my oorts

i have a reputation for being unable to count past 24, so please help me out here… how many oorts are really in this stack?

I’ve tried a few different stacks. In my inventory, the count is 50 higher than the portal claims. I mean 42. It’s off by 42. Like I said, i can’t count past 24. Which is incidentally 42 backwards.

beacon location (portal is labeled “gleam”)

anything ive done unusually lately that might have glitched it? i fueled it right before it closed last week.

2 Likes

I guess aome desync happen with the server and the client you have to relog to see the right numbers.

Happent to me numerous of time while refuelling portals.

1 Like

When I fuel portals I have to put the oort back in a couple of times like every other portal almost, the shards pop back out. This happened when I put spark in a spark generator for the first time for me yesterday too.

that happens to me a lot, too. but this is different because they arent popping back out. :frowning:

1 Like

I relogged and the count is still off by 42

2 Likes

Idk if anoter item can slid into the oort smart stack, like the elemental shards ?

3 Likes

Yeah check there aren’t elemental sharts in the ss the purle ones can be a pain in the … if you miss them :wink: have had that several times.

1 Like

There are only Oort Sharts in the stack. And the stack is correctly labeled as Oort Shard Smart Stack

2 Likes

Strange that it’s off by exactly 42 on both. I would have guessed it’s subtracting the opening oort fee, but I don’t think that is ever just 42.

1 Like

Opening fee is 50 on this portal. Some of my other portals on this world are off by 2-8 points also. But 42 is a little more difficult to reconcile :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It also happens to me, the game adds oort to the portals that have been open the longest, knowing that the maximum is 900, the game every month or every week gives you an oort because if each portal that you keep open for longer, I have one with a capacity of 923 oort

that’s not the same thing. this one isn’t going over capacity, in fact it is holding a stack of 900 and only displaying 858.

oooh wow, you only see the stack in the image and not the amount in the stack, although it puts it in the portal, it is not reliable since the content of the stack is not seen

the stack is really 900 according to other portals. just not this one.

Whenever the game fails or I go to the sanctuary and when I enter the game again and it is solved or I turn off the game I wait a while and I go back in, lately the servers are not doing very well in the game

i have logged off and back on a few times; its still displaying incorrectly

Although I know it is a nuisance, you can try either to close the portal and open it again or break it and reassemble it and in turn reopen, if that does not solve it, you only have the developers

It usually happens when the servers are very overloaded, it happened to me many times, the solution is simple, you fill in all of them even if you think that it expels you, it is not like that, once all the portals are filled, you have two ways, go to the sanctuary and when you return you will see that they are all loaded or go to another planet and come back and you will see that they are all loaded, it is only a connection problem of the game itself

1 Like

This can happen in machines, portals, furnaces, etc…, items that use fuel of some sort.

It happens when you shift-click items against a stack (or smart stack) that has items in it being consumed at essentially the same time as you are making the add.

You can also notice with portals that sometimes it counts the unconsumed fuel, I’m not sure to what point it has to degrade to not be counted. This is why sometimes when fueling portals you see (especially on a larger portal) that it says it has 901 or 903 shards in the portal, even though there are only 900 showing in the stack.

I don’t have any experience with what is showing in the OP pics, though :thinking:

1 Like