Help me find fun

I log in, fuel portals, maybe once a week join a hunt, and hop around my house for a few minutes and go afk for a while, then quit. My friends are on haitus/gone, and the few events players hold are too short notice for my lifestyle or on days that I have obligations. I don’t want to quit because I have some strange deep love for the game, and I have gleam club and oort for months, but I’m just not really enjoying myself. There’s just not enough end-game to tide me over, grinding mindlessly will give me headaches, I’m not interested in forging, there’s only so much you can do with a shop, hunts just feel the same after a while, and I don’t want to build for planetary reasons.

What do? I’m at a loss for entertainment. Do I just keep doing until something changes? HALP

2 Likes

We’re (@bethlehem and I) usually hanging out over in Brown Town. You’re more than welcome to join us if you’re ever bored :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Try the hardcore mode that @BloodRaven56 has been posting videos about. It’s a lot of fun and really takes you back to roots.

New character, no interacting with others, no portal networks, live as hermit, death means delete character.

3 Likes

The other day i took a silver single shot hammer and went diamond mining. Just to feel that pain of the gem wall again xD

5 Likes

This is where the fun is. It’s ok to not play the game until you can have fun again.
Better than burning out & becoming bitter.

3 Likes

Thanks for this, I don’t think I’ll become bitter even if they never give us anything else.

I don’t think I could just stop logging in, I have OCD and like the way my things are and I think it would forever bother me if my portals moved… Part of the condition is that I’m going to obsessively make sure they’re fueled (sometimes 2x a day I fuel, lol). I just really miss that awe and excitement that the game originally held.

I also obsessively like to manage things, like for our D&D game I run a wiki and help with installing and setting up modules for Foundry (best VTT btw guys). But I don’t really have that with Boundless. I guess I could work on the Boundless wiki, god knows it’s in shambles compared to information available elsewhere.

IDK.

2 Likes

help me nag the dev’s for interactive items to build minigames puzzles and storys/dungeons :slight_smile: so we can make our builds more interesting to visit

7 Likes

Interactive items would bring a whole new world to the game. I want to be able to make mazes with secret doors, and have some in my house too, it would be great if my storage room had hidden entrances.

I also sorely want furniture. I just want to build cute houses without them looking empty. Maybe I’ll throw down some plots and practice chiseling furniture…

Thanks for helping me brainstorm.

3 Likes

stuff like you make a story to follow along the build and we have like items you get and need drop off elsewhere to enter cool temple with stuff for sale cheaper stuff like that puzzles to solve to progress

furniture we make ourself and you can only make it when you scan it from visiting other homes :slight_smile:
if you practise why not make it a thing we can visit a showroom off furniture

@georgegroeg has a shop where he has a ton of furniture designs if you want some inspiration.

The Smelly Couch

2 Likes

Contests are fun

1 Like

try Pyrr’s jumping challenge ([-328, -312, 9] Circa I, Deep dark mall, portal to mall at tnt megahub, behind Kada I planet gate)
no one has ever completed it in 1 go :slight_smile:
sadly, there isn’t much one can do with the stuff we have at the moment.
we do need more interactive stuff. and NPCs.

5 Likes

Making parkour courses is something I find fun, making them challenging and interesting is actually very difficult

3 Likes

oh this gives me an idea for my shop, before I was making mazes in the dark, but maybe I’ll put deals on stands you have to parkour to. Mazes are harder to cheat tho. ugh I wish we had moving platforms.

3 Likes

Contests in creative will be more fun :3

1 Like

Go outside.

2 Likes

What’s THAT?

3 Likes

You mean like OUT…outside …uh no . Kidding lol .

1 Like

Detective Bones is on the case

1 Like

I heard it’s the thing on the other side of the door. Sounds scary :scream:

1 Like