Help - Plotting Problems

I am not smart on plotting and need some help. I began building a new settlement on Circarpous I am getting the dreaded " Bridging multiple settlements"

If someone has some time, could they head over to Circarpous 1,494N 188E and see what I am doing wrong. It’s just west of the pshub and is currently two blue towers and a road

I tried removing the plots along my road clear back to the bridge that is under construction, but still no luck.

Thanks as always!!!

Fonder

1 Like

If this road is yours or if you’re connected to it, there’s a whole lotta 1x1 plots.

1 Like

Hey thanks. That brown-ish road is someone elses and I don’t think I am connected to it…but the blue one is mine.

No problem. I’ve noticed with some places, it seems like stacking plots 3x vertically won’t help. You may have to place one horizontal plot every few plots if it still acts up. If you are connected to a “road” (the red blocks on the debug menu) that’s not yours, you will get the bridging settlement error. You may want to unplot a couple near that road unless they correct their plots.

1 Like

thanks so much. I will give that a go!

1 Like

Not sure if I should make a new thread to clutter the forums or use this one since I have a bridging problem now as well… What is the logic, what does “bridging multiple settlements” actually mean, what causes it, and most importantly is there a universal fix for it or is it case by case?

Are you on ps4 or PC?

PC, so yeah debug menu is accessible.

rd needs to be 2wide, if its red lined. then its connecting instead of being involved in the town.
I can come look it you need, ill be on about 30 more mins

As far as my understanding of it is it’s when you have plots that are only linked together in a 1 to 2 plot wide strip so the algorithm sees it as a road connecting the plots rather than actually being part of one contiguous lump of plots. It’s then a case of identifying those areas and adding some more plots in strategic places to effectively get rid of the bridging effect.

Maybe my design just isn’t settlement-friendly since it’s pretty much only roads then :smiley:

This is the plot layout, different colors are sections owned by different alts (I wish plot count was shared between characters so I didn’t have to do this)

The middle works fine, but when I started building the wings the problems arised. The weird thing is that there is nothing to bridge, no plots outside of this.

That looks like you’ll have to use a far few plots to fill in the empty areas either side of each arm.

Figured it out, there was a plot in the end that wasn’t considered a road, so that’s what it was bridging. Removed a couple plots that don’t really affect the design and now it’s not bridging anymore. Seems that 5 adjacent plots makes a road not a road.

1 Like

Glad to hear you got it sorted :slightly_smiling_face: