Help with Macros : Son is disabled (Resolved)

Sorry for the late response, has been a bit busy here as well as some lovely storms. Thank you so much for the assistance. We have been playing with another one someone helped us with but will for sure be trying this one out as well and working on tweaking them as needed.

I also told my son that you offered one of the codes to help and he flipped out. Your testing videos and farming videos are like a god send to that boy. I have been lectured on my messing up on his farms for putting something in the wrong place. Hahaha

4 Likes

I hadnā€™t heard of the adaptive controller until it was brought up here and we might look into that for him in the future. It looks like it would be a good purchase even if it is a bit more on the expensive side.

We have a off brand mouse that has a few buttons on the side for him to press with his thumb. He is still getting used to it. I think once he gets the hang of it Iā€™ll look into getting one of those that have a larger amount of buttons that we can program. So many people have given such great options!

1 Like

It is a great idea, but unfortunately he is a bit too short for that at the moment. It is a pretty good and cheap alternative to a few things though. Might have to see if we have one laying about.

I would love to know how the racing controller turned out and worked out. That sounds like an awesome concept!

His left arm is pretty much useless, he can lift it but can not bend or use it properly. His right arm is not as bad but his movements are somewhat restricted. His legs are perfectly fine, feet, toes, knees. Everything works there. We would be happy to know of any possible alternatives you might know or come across!

I never knew about the adaptive stuff so we may look into that as well and learn a bit more.

1 Like

Lol, thatā€™s awesome ^^

If it helps I can add a simple user interface for tweaking the settings so you donā€™t have to edit it directly. I love making usability aids like this so donā€™t hesitate to hit me up for additions and improvements ^^

6 Likes

I can set up a key that when pressed would show a window with input boxes that would show the current values of the variables and allow you to edit them and update the scriptā€¦ I could also do something very similar for customizing the key bindingsā€¦ as I said, the above is just a proof-of-conceptā€¦ it can be made much more fancy =P

5 Likes

Would those variables be things such as his current character speed? Anything that makes it easier to understand would be amazing. Neither me and the hubby are tech savvy.

Exactlyā€¦ Iā€™ll make a version with a ui for inputting these values when Iā€™m at my computer next ^^

3 Likes

Check this system out and also check out there arm support system if ya not tech savvy I suggest ready to go stuff instead off maghyvering stuff like me https://www.fentek-ind.com/footime.htm#.XnN6n7lT6yU just found this no exp with so check out ya options first prices and reviews

1 Like

Just following up on this topic to see what you found to work best for your son. Iā€™m only able to use my right hand now too, and am looking for help in a sort of similar fashion. Thank you for your time!

1 Like