Hey devs awesome job on updates

One is the EU and one is the NA version:

1 Like

Depends. I bought a lot of cosmetics early on a didn’t really buy plots until I decided what I wanted to do

1 Like

It is interesting how few players get past level 20.

2 Likes

I love this game even if I don’t play it much. I hope it’ll stick around, even if it’s only in its current form.

Just really don’t want it to turn out like Everquest Next: Landmark did…

Probably just me being hopeful, but Square Enix isn’t the type of company to just throw games away. Watching that FFXIV documentary has obviously made me biased…

Either way, I find it sad to come to the forums every few months to have a thread like this at the top every time.

It’s my hope that the devs come back and do a really good job with the update just to show that they rose above all of this doomsaying nonsense :slight_smile:

Even if they don’t I guess there’s always the other 900+ games in my Steam library… I really like the idea of always being able to come back to this one though. It’s a really cool game.

Also, I was scrolling up and… @zakon the 1000 plots achievement is for placing 1000 plots, not just owning them. I’ve got 4600 and don’t have that achievement because I’m not done grinding and don’t want to place them until I’m ready to put something in them.

5 Likes

It’s worth noting that that situation was more of an existential crisis for them. They were looking at the loss of a much larger investment, a possibly fatal blow to the company’s biggest franchise, and, by extension, a possibly fatal blow to the company itself.

This is… not quite there. It’s hard to even trace their connection to the game unless you know where to look. I don’t think this issue will ever reach the CEO’s desk.

2 Likes

I think your attitude at this point is quite rude. :-1:

I have been playing a little over 2 years and have yet to reach that point. My highest level character is 135.

1 Like

my main character in 2 years of play has acquired 3 proffesies (skill tables) hunter, miner, crafter. That, together, allows you to get a lot of experience. My house is currently 2022 plots. I plan to expand as I deliberately chose a place away from popular places.

It’s difficult to believe what I read. A person from SE came to provide some information and - well never mind

No good deed goes unpunished

:woman_facepalming:

11 Likes

I finally got through reading everything above and I was just wondering if you could clarify if Gleam Club goes to SE or to Turbulenz?

Sorry I’m late - I know you bowed out already :sweat:

Thanks again for all of the information, was amazing to get some perspective on where things are, even if only a little!

It depends:
If you buy it on steam it goes to SE, if you buy it on playstation it goes to Turbulenz.

2 Likes

I see - thanks for the clarification

Xaldafax,

You have been doing this for years - effectively telling folks that there isn’t much we can do and no amount of information or transparency solves it.

There is zero excuse for a small dev team not to communicate fully and completely with the audience. If they don’t it’s a failing of leadership. Implying all their precious time is being used in development is farcical. We cannot even get a developer to show up and tell us what the roadmap is for years. That’s something they should know, like off the top of their heads.

They need to do one thing and one thing only: be fully transparent about the state of the game and it’s future. Ambiguity from a lack of consistent communication only harms boundless and it’s users.

Everyone can still enjoy boundless as it is, but defending the failures of the developers to communicate or worse yet - admonishing those that ask for communication - only gives the developers cover for not doing a core function of their job.

15 Likes

There are always things people can do and of course transparency helps people. I’m not sure what posts of mine you are reading that gives you the viewpoint you expressed. Seems pretty off base to me… I don’t believe those things. I do believe focusing on what you can control versus not until you learn how to influence but that isn’t what you are talking about it seems

Each of the Devs are adults and professionals. They are more than capable to defend themselves. I’m not defending them and in fact have at times been very critical of them.

As for the other points about communications, roadmap, etc. The Devs said and answered these old boring complaints of people so many times in a variety of ways it is getting a bit ridiculous people just keep complaining… But I guess some people just like to be spoon fed in exactly the fashion they want for some reason.

2 Likes

Ah yes a toxic topic nice job couldn’t have phrased it any less rudely

4 Likes

Love you fuzzy

1 Like

Source? Would like to know where the devs responded to requests about roadmaps that are nonexistent.

e: Seems the response below doesn’t actually want to back up their claim with actual proof and instead just wants to dance around the question and not provide actual evidence of what is asked of them. Maybe its because what I am asking was answered in private discussions and thus cannot be properly linked, or maybe what they’re claiming just isn’t true. Thanks.

The forum - you’ll have to do some search and reading. We’ve had 100s of topics at this point (in EA and release) about these complaints and either there have been direct responses or plenty of gathering of their comments/actions to showcase or form a response.

People will say - I ask this question, I want this specific answer in the exact form and fashion I want it! That’s more about the need to control and preparing to enter a phase of discussion/argument on the merits of the question than actually wanting the answer. Especially since the answers are basically there - in a variety of ways.

People will say I’m gaslighting or just being difficult too about my response. Just go read, investigate and comprehend all the previous posts on these complaints and others by the Devs and their actions and you should see the answers plain as day.

What uis SE and where is the response from “Phiil”?

Why the hell are we talking about wipes again?