Hidden Post

since I posted the above, I’ve had three flag notifications. :grimacing:

At least one of them was a notice of getting my post reinstated!

1 Like

There are people with multiple forum accounts that troll regularly and do in fact use multiple accounts to flag a post.

This forum software is too easily abused. It’s not my favorite tbh but a lot of things tend to be going towards it lately. One of my favorite cannabis growing forums uses the same thing.

The community policing works at the base level but you still need an active mod team that manages things. This community is way way smaller than that one though so I guess it easier to understand why they have an active moderator group. Community policing is a nice thought in a utopia.

Positive, helpful moderation is a skill. I think a community self-moderating is as bad an idea as experience on here (or most game forums) would suggest. I’ve been away - no replacement community manager/rep/whatever yet?

Isn’t the first post in this thread being flagged and hidden good evidence as to why things like this are unlikely to be helpful? I understand the trust levels would in theory adjust over time (assuming no-one games the system), but during that time a human moderator could’ve been quicker, decisive, taken work out of the moderation queue and positively managed the community using a specific skill set and experience. This feels like offloading work onto a group of unpaid amateurs­².

² Not meant in the offensive “You are bad” sense, meaning that we are unlikely to be trained in community moderation and social media management.