Hidden Trophy/Object on every Exoworld? Poll

• I want a rare unique trophy hidden on each Exoworld.
  • I DON’T want rare unique trophies hidden on exoworlds.
  • I’m fine with either/Other.

0 voters

You can debate what that trophy would look like below, maybe just a stone with the name of the exoworld carved onto it to display in your builds.

1 Like

I voted no, purely because there is a finite number of players you can have per world, and this will end up just being another case of who can get on the world first, at the time it drops.

I’m also surprised you suggested something like this :laughing:

7 Likes

That sounds like content for less then 1% of players.
I prefer content for everyone.

7 Likes

Isn’t that already occurring with petroleum though? But fair enough. It remains to be seen just how many people would try to find 1 single object hidden in an exoworld if such a task were extremely difficult.

There’s unfortunately no such thing as content for everyone. Farming turned away some players because of it’s complexity for instance. The removal of bomb mining did the same. Given Boundless is a sandbox MMO, I figure the goal is to create enough content for everyone.

This would give people who solely like to explore a long-term goal. Similar to people who bought No Man Sky for the RNG world they wanted to explore on.

People here spend so much time documenting (videos, screenshots) the Exoworlds, it makes sense to create content specifically for those who love to explore, to help keep them engaged and paying customers.

It’s the same reason that, although I dislike the Forge, I wouldn’t want it gone completely, as some people actually like it.

In the other thread you referenced, I was merely providing an explanation for another user. I wasn’t weighing an opinion on the worth of something that could be considered more specialized content.

I’d prefer if all worlds had a chance to spawn something along the lines of my first example in the linked post below:

3 Likes

Yeah your idea is good too.

2 Likes

I would like to see whatever, AFTER we got an INGAME notification System for exo spawn.

2 Likes

I’d like to think the lighting changes drove more away. If you don’t like the farming you don’t have to do it. It doesn’t affect your gameplay. But the lighting does.

2 Likes

I voted yes, but…

it would only make sense to me if it was something that can spawn into the world anytime between the 24th and the last hour of the world (so, it’s never on the world in its first day, and after that no one knows when it appears)

that could encourage more traffic in late exo hours and give everyone a chance to go for a treasure hunt no matter what is the planet spawn time

3 Likes

and I would rather see exo notification player-made software banned and blocked and whatever, so everyone must spot the exoes playing game

1 Like

I like the idea, what I think would be cool would be that it would spawn for everyone who explored 100% of the planet.

1 Like

Nah, that’s just going to reward the person with a truckload of speed potions and speed grapples. That’d reward even less than the 1%

Why are people so opposed to super rare items? Just because they don’t want it to be unfair or because they don’t want to put the time and effort to get it thenselves?

from where I stand it’s like this: being able to get to an exo is already a sign someone put the time and effort, but…

when something (like resources) is limited and gone during first hours of exo’s life, then it’s down not just to your dedication but also to real life and outside of game factors (whether you can be there in time of the world spawning); and that’s ok too, however…

it would be nice, for a change, to have something that requires both previous effort (leveling up, getting gear etc.) as much as in-game luck (find that rare item hidden somewhere), but maybe not real life luck (exo spawning time vs. one’s playing time)

even if getting a special trophy is not limited to luck of being able to play during exo’s first hours (like it is in case of resources), it still is a rare and difficult to obtain as there is only one player that can get it (but at the same time finding the very item is possible for larger group of players)

2 Likes

This game seems to attract a small amount of casual players who also seem to expect that the amount of effort they put in or the way they pick to play the game, should net results that are not too far behind a player who puts in alot more effort or who plays the game in a more effective manor (Min/Max).

A rare item now means they can not get that result with the amount of effort they are putting in or with their current play style, and it also means even if they did put more effort in, there is no guarantee that the extra effort or change in play style would get the result because of the type of drop rates rather items have or the fact someone else managed to take it before them.

There is nothing unfair about rare items in most cases.

But should a person who play 50 hours achieve the same as a person who has played 500? Naturally there will be a wall at some point for the guy at 500, but still think one should have more to show at that point. Eventually, when the other guy has 500 hrs, he would be at the same stage (roughly, playstyle etc matters) as the other guy was.

And besides, anyone could participate if they, for example, announced that in global chat that “treasure spawns on exo world Beta on Sat UTC 10am” or some like that. Then everyone has a fair chance at it, not just diehards that happen to be online when planet spawns.

1 Like

They shouldn’t but yet there are a select few who I have seen who really seem to feel that should be the case for some reason that I can’t get into with out sounding rude.

Not really. It being Announced might help a little, but there is still the fact, that this is a international community, with players from all time zones, who may or may not be asleep at the announced time or even at the workplace. So that still would not be fair to everyone.

I mean, there’s plenty of exo planets these days which spawn all over the regions. An AUS planet would be unfair to EU or USE players but the opposite also applies.

1 Like

This is an important point to make. Right now exo worlds gate content behind complete RNG for players. I do think there needs to be a way for all players to get those materials as they are definitely part of the core gameplay loop in my opinion.

My idea wasn’t about anything in the core gameplay loop, but rather something people could use to add to their museums and bring travelers in far and wide perhaps.

1 Like

Give each timezone / region 1/3rd of exos. Or according to %, if game is 50% us based, give them 5/10 exos.

But I generally agree to what @Ocfos said.

1 Like