Hoppers explosion [resolved]

Would it make sense if exploding hopper can’t destroy beaconed blocks? I mean ANY? At the moment they can destroy soil and rock.

I was constructing a new building and I placed some natural blocks (soil/clay/rocks) to create even site 24x24. I died several times because of hoppers stealth attack (there’s a topic covering an issue of them hoppers not being displayed on radar). They left craters where I put blocks what made entire enterprise quite frustraiting.

1 Like

I agree, it took me a very long time to do a simple box home. Hoppers kept killing me if I got to close to the wall. I had all entrance sealed and they blow me up from on the other side of the wall. It was so frustrating, that I built a back door just for quick get away.

1 Like

I’m usually always one to say hey, it’s survival, deal with it, HOWEVER if Hoppers can destroy beaconed blocks I see HUGE potential for griefing peoples towns/builds.

Someone could have “great fun” portalling groups of hoppers to the centre of a huge town so I really think they shouldn’t be able to touch beaconed blocks at all (unless it’s on a PvP dedicated world)

Their explosion damage could come through walls and damage only people though, I think that’s acceptable.

I was always under the impression that they couldn’t damage beaconed areas. The ones I’ve had wander into my build haven’t caused any damage to any type of blocks.

If they can damage player placed dirt blocks within a beacon, I can see this being a major problem when players learn to grapple throw ‘prone’ hoppers into other players beacons!

my mistake - I watched it closer and they only blew up the ones underneath the plot - I thought first there was one beaconed layer that they damaged, but I double checked just now, dug a hole and looked how deep my plot goes :blush:

sorry for troubling you all - this topic can be closed I guess

2 Likes

@vdragon I am having that bug as well, they still hit me with double damage and they destroyed parts of my place in Vulpto.

yes indeed they do massive damage - I die instantly being on 6000 hp

Please post screenshots of the damaged plot with plot outlines visible

We have a fix for the double damage bug coming in the next update.

2 Likes

I already fixed the house, if it happens again I will manage to take screenshots

Good to know, thanks alot :slight_smile:

This is how hoppers act at my base on Nasharil