Hosting Hunts - How?

Hi everyone :slight_smile: I am curious how hunt hosting works and have a few questions!

• I attend the magnificent community hunts regularly and although I have been to these hunt planet many times, I still “discover” new regions every time I hunt there. How does that work - that the same people can hunt in the same regions but they are ‘discovered’ each time?

-Is there a trick to building hunt lodges? I assume they are built on the boundary between regions?

-Anything else that’s helpful to know? I have several sovereigns for resources and would love to help host hunts on them for the community!

Thanks so much in advance!

4 Likes

So no trick building a Hunt Lodge just build it. doesn t matter where.
Important is if you want to do plattform hunts then you have to build the platforms in the middle of a region , if you do running hunts like i do you need only a direction you want to go and trigger the center of a region.
Which hunts do you visit ?
Which time zone are you ? is english your first language ? or perhaps german ? thats mine and would be easier for me to explain and help.

If you have several sovs its important to tell how many people can come with you 10 , 20 or 40 .

If you have discovered a region with a character you won t be able to discover this region again with him only with a bew one.

need more help just ask

greetings Turrican2006

a vid from todays running hunt

9 Likes

Just make sure to check the discord hunt bot (Via Boundless Discord) and ensure you don’t have hunts that overlap others at the same day/time. Just my two cents on doing hunts, otherwise…You can do platforms, regions, or whatever you feel. Happy Hunting!

1 Like

Like Turrican said you can only discover a region once per character. You only discover it when you actually hit the right spot (usually in the middle of the region) so if you discover a region you have been to before, you might have always just missed the spot for discovering it :wink:

As for meteors it doesn’t matter though. They usually drop when someone enters a region after it hasn’t been entered a certain amount of time. That’s why you want to keep your hunt group close together as the meteors get bigger the more people enter a region at once.

4 Likes

Thanks all for the great advice! Unfortunately I’ve been advised via PM that I “shouldn’t ask” this question because hosting hunts will make the community angry, so I won’t do this and will just attend the existing hunts. Sorry for any upset, I was just hoping to help the community.

1 Like

Whoever sent you this ether has ulterior motives or no idea what they are talking about. There is not a lot of regular hunts going on at the moment anyway, so I’m sure the community at large is happy for any opportunity to hunt for oort that they can get. The only thing I can think of that could potentially upset others is if you set your hunt during a time slot that another regular hunt is already performed in. Then again there is also no official rules against that and people can chose freely whichever hunt they want to attend. It’s just considered common courtesy to not compete with other hunts :wink:

5 Likes

Totally, I would never want to compete with any of the awesome hunts ongoing. I was just looking to fill gaps for people who have time constraints during those times. Thanks for your support!

Now that you mention “ulterior motives”, the message did casually mention they were developing their own game… :thinking: :joy:

2 Likes

Rubbish! If you wanna host a hunt go for it! Any day or time that suits you I would go ahead. Not sure who messaged you but I wouldn’t let it change how you wanna play. BE FREE BE BOUNDLESS!

3 Likes

If you want to host a hunt, you are free to do so. There are plenty of people that want to join hunts, but haven’t been able to do so (do to IRL, wrong time, etc). The more the merrier. Any bullying or harassment should be reported.

8 Likes

This saga has been going on too long - it’s always the same group too. Hunt when you want when you want. Ignore the individuals that tell you otherwise :heart:- what time where you thinking? Once I’ve got my new home up and running kree will be coming back for some hunts also.

@Leahlemoncakes there has to be a better way to deal with people sabotaging new players or bullying people behind discord or PMs. As @james said boundless isn’t going anywhere to me a few weeks ago. we need support getting this game off the ground and A way to support new and old players when these issue arise. :heart:

4 Likes

Build a hunt lodge however and wherever you want like me I’m still building me Hunt Lodge but when I finish I’ll be hosting :bomb: Hunts For people that like to blow things up with bombs only real reason I have so many Lucent Bombs Made Boop

4 Likes

Whoever gave you that advice sounds like an absolute psychopath. If you want to run a hunt, you run a hunt. If there’s anything I can help with please let me know.

6 Likes

I know that a lot of the regulars on our Brown Town Hunts were saying that they wish there were more hunt leaders out there, especially ones that were willing to be beginner friendly. Beth and I don’t have the time to run them as often as we would like, but our inboxes are always open if you need any advice (or even some stuff to help you start out!).

Ignore the bullies - we have encountered our fair share of them too. They’re all just jealous :wink:

Can’t wait to see what you have in store!!

6 Likes

If you want to host a hunt just do it. No one has a monopoly on those things. You paid your money for the game and you’re entitled to play it as you see fit within the terms and conditions.

If you don’t want the confrontation, though, you can grab a couple of folks and just do ad hoc hunts on tier 3 planets. I cut my teeth on Ceph Merika back in the day usually starting with my sister and gaining random players along the way. You’d sometimes have 7 or 8 people randomly running with you for an hour or so.

I’d love to see more of that style of hunting. It was a great way to meet other players.

5 Likes

I’d quite like to try that. I’ve never hunted with bombs.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the support, offers of help and kind words, I knew the Boundless community was better than that!

I definitely want to lean into the beginner-friendly aspect - everyone was so kind to me helping me get started when I was very overwhelmed! I love the idea of ad hoc hunts - might roll a sov for this purpose alone :smiley:

6 Likes

If you let me know when etc I’ll make sure my piggies know. We are making a slow return and don’t have much time for hunting atm so they will be glad that there is a beginner hunt going!

5 Likes

What time Zone are you?
I am from Germany so Central European Time , CET

I am normaly doing T6 running hunts but If you want i can do a T3 hunt and teach you what and how to do.

You could even Take every second week the time i usually hunt If IT would fit to our time Zone or time you Play , because every second week i am on late shift and can t do hunts , so there is a hole you could fill , or Take your own time slot but then i would ask the Community If there are regular hunts going on because Most people would Join an expierenced Leader when its at Same time i think. Or you do a Like T3 hunt and the Others a T6 hunt so people habe choice what they want.

That should t Sound i am a better Beeing but Don t know how to Tell otherwise . You all know its Not my Main language.

@kemyobra good to hear that you ll hunts again in the near future :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Finally found a few world to lay some new turf hahaha- after living on glov for years it’s nice to finally build someplace new.

4 Likes

someone was pulling your leg