How big of an area

Does anyone know the size of an area it takes to be visible from the sanctum or from a neighboring planet?

2 Likes

You can see roads from the sanctum. My shop was identifiable at 5 plots x 5 plots. I’m not sure how big it would have to be to say, read a letter or recognize a logo, it depends on the detail.

1 Like

We are terraforming gyosha outside our dome and was wondering when the green grass would be visible from sanctum or the planets

Gyosha is going green :joy:

Can you see it on your atlas?

Bob? I’m not sure last I saw it the dome was a black splotch on the atlas

The dome appears black because of the blocks. Apparently glass blocks appear black from sanctum.

That’s kinda racist

2 Likes

Ma city on houches is 36x36 and the symbol on cephphonix is 100x100 both seen in space

1 Like

36 plots by 36 plots? So 288 blocks/steps wide at least??

Yep that’s how big it is

1 Like

Ok awesome thank you.

1 Like

Now H.S.E. Palace its 100x bigger than mine you can see the structure itself in Sactum or look in over on another planet it’s Massive lol

2 Likes

I’m on gyosha so only see the mall mainly from sanctum. But we our actively terraforming gyosha into sorissi that’s why was asking :grin::innocent:

3 Likes

Not the best angle but it’s quite visible.

Lol, wouldn’t it have been easier to build on Sorissi?

1 Like

oof, I might be completely wrong but IIRC when I was calculating 2x2 plots translate to one pixel :thinking: I’ll try to find my calc

This depends on a lot of things.

This roof, the brown surface also including what looks like glowing edges here in the red box, is 12x17 plots

in 4k the sanctum globe doesn’t really show any more detail for the added pixels :cry:

The world is only 530-ish plots across so for 2x2 plots to be one pixel the representation would have to be in a roughly 265px x 265px resolution I think.

Here’s the 4k shot of the dome in the sanctum’s globe after waiting around a couple revolutions. Field of view is set to 100:

1 Like

But then we would have to terraform Sorissi to Gyosha and who would do that

4 Likes

It’s working!!! Thanks bud. Gyosha is going GREEN!!!

1 Like