How Complete is Boundless?

Hey guys,

So I actually do have access to Boundless, however my laptop is old and slow and has just died on me, which was not unexpected in the least. So I haven’t actually played it yet.

I’m building my first proper gaming rig in a few weeks and me and my friend were gonna do a bit of a games weekend after building it, to “test” it. So we’re currently compiling a list of games to “test” it with. I was hoping to add Boundless to the list.

I was just wondering what the level of content in Boundless is as I have never actually played it, and reading dev posts usually confuses me more than informs me. xD Just wondering, is there enough content to keep me and my friend amused for a while?

1 Like

for a while? definitely

if you refrain from getting gifts from other players you’ll be busy enough leveling up for a few weeks

if you get some help you will get through early stages fast

it takes time to figure out skill tree and decide what you want

you can have 3 different characters and specialize them skill-wise; that’s tripple the time to spend doing the tutorial part

there are 12 worlds to explore - portals connecting them between settlements created by players

being involved in players’ projects like co-building settlements is another weeks of playing

mining to search for rare resources like silver/gold/titanium and gems can make you busy too, before you exhaust worlds to mine different resources and finding the unique ones

hunting mobs on harder worlds - including weekly big hunts organized by players - can make you amused for some time too

crafting is fun and allows you to create several types of building materials based on wood, stone, gleam (shiny stone)
tool crafting takes time to learn as crafting skills are quite expensive and require leveling a lot: you can craft shovels, hammers, axes - all three from wood, stone, copper, iron, silver, gold, titanium and gems(thats a lot playing with again if you like crafting)

thats not all but you will definitely make yourself busy for a month at least if thats what you like in games

7 Likes

That definitely helps me understand it a bit more. Thanks! It does sound fun, I’m very keen to try on a PC that actually works. xD

2 Likes

Back in february Boundless had already more advanced mechanics than Minec*aft.

2 Likes

I think there is at least 10 hours of play to get to some decent level and have fun in the process. At that point you’ll finish up most tutorials, visit at least one planet (unless you use someone’s portals), do some hunting, building, mining, exploring and crafting :slight_smile: After that it depends what hooks you up, you can explore all planets, mine your brains out, build gigantic structures or something entirely else, but those first 10 hours are pretty much guaranteed to be lots of fun.

3 Likes

@Jaws97 (not boundmore haha dunno how to untag :P) I noticed you said you wanted to test it over a weekend, well there are so many things you wouldn’t even be able to get to in a weekend but a great time/place to test it would be on one of the great hunts, where dozens of people run around killing mobs and collecting loot.
The next one is here: Bi-Weekly Community Hunt - Nov 18th @ 5 pm UTC

4 Likes

Thanks for all your replies guys, it’s definitely on the list now. Can’t wait to give it a go. :grin::grin:

4 Likes

I have already 100h :stuck_out_tongue:
I think it is fun when you live in a city and talk to other and visit shops etc

4 Likes