How devs letting us be able to spray gleam will affect the economy (cause and effect)

Note: This is a warning on how it’ll effect the Boundless economy

They make Spray Painting Gleam a thing >>> Black Pigment/Spray Goes up in value

Black Pigment/Spray goes up in value>>> Normal gleam, spray painters, and processors do too

All the previous mentioned stuff goes up in value>>> Black gleam itself goes down in value (like 100 per piece)

Black gleam goes down in value>>> Everyone has black gleam and there is such a surplus of it that it’s worth basically nothing

Black gleam is worth nothing >>> Black pigment/spray is worth nothing too

All black gleam / anything related is worth nothing >>> It was never worth it to release it in the 1st place (if it ever is released :frowning: )

The moral of the story: DONT RELEASE SPRAY PAINTING GLEAM @james @Leahlemoncakes AND GET BLACK GLEAM YOURSELF

4 Likes

They would never do this anyway. Gleambow would become a pointless event if they did.

People advocating for painting gleam haven’t put a second’s thought towards how it would affect the game.

9 Likes

Yeah some people will be triggered by this thread

1 Like

I 100% agree that making gleam tintible will have this exact effect.

But with that said, I wouldn’t mind a grey colord gleam to be on an exoworld.ahah

3 Likes

I prefer Grey over black actually

1 Like

This is basically (my theory) the great depression for the gleam industry. But instead of being triggered by the stock market, its triggered by other causes

not everyone even likes gleambow.

I also think there should be no locked colors behind exo/events. But that’ll never change. Which is the reason when rental planets come out I’ll be on a private planet :wink:

5 Likes

Private private or connected to main universe?

Depends on price. If I can afford it both. If not likely private.

I think the price won’t be the factor that makes it private or not.

It’s going to be the rules of the planet if you want something fully creative you will be locked at your own private place, unless we get a way to lock inventories from creative planets.

1 Like

It’d probably make more sense to just say there’s no cross play between creative and “standard” planets.

Players always find a way to break things. For example, if they allow the same character to cross between types of planet, then even if they lock the inventories, what happens with xp gained, or feats accomplished in an environment that could have been set up to make it easy?

Better to just say no and not have to chase edge cases and set up rules all the time.

I agree. I like that gleam is not sprayable. It makes almost all goo farmers unique depending on the gleam they have. I really like this ability to stand out.

I prefer the competitiveness so people will come visit me. And so my shop might have something unique.

3 Likes

Beyond black gleam, Painting gleam will make every color attainable. It almost already is with goo, but right now there is time, skill and effort to attain many colors. I have gotten the impression the devs do not want all things attainable by everyone regardless of block. Color, gem, goo, kindeling, etc. these “Gates” the devs have built in help create demand and value and boundless being a heavy economic game, no gates would lead to less socialization in this intended mmo.

6 Likes

From where would I get this haha. Exoplanets have been out for how long now? Only to have many repeat colors of blocks and gleam.

9 Likes

If anyone knows where I can get 235k black gleam so I can build my dome out of good glass, please let me know how much and how soon you can get it to me.

7 Likes

would be nice if something like 1 in 10 t1 and t2 meteors were gleambow all year long

4 Likes

Even if gleambow was all year round, most of the “rare” stuff would still be completely useless as anything other than a status symbol as light accents on a smallish build. It is hard to use something in a build when you want a minimum of twice the amount the game has ever created.

6 Likes

*or in the amount that would not make it too abundant. just a ‘lucky find’ once in a while
I personally like the scarcity of some stuff, makes the game more interesting. making widely used popular blocks have the color of gleam is another thing

4 Likes

IMG_0920

2 Likes

I totally agree as well. I won’t even consider a color in a build if I can’t be certain that it is accessible in mass. It’s cool for the economy, but it’s not so cool for the building.

5 Likes