How do I travel to new worlds?

I can’t find a recent Steam guide, and there’s all this talk about iron now being more plentiful in other worlds, so how do I get to these other worlds when the game launches?

Thankx.

edit which reminds me, all the old steam guides really should be taken down or updated so new players don’t get confused.

Early in the new universe, interplanetary travel will be done with warp augments for the totem and warp stones. The recipe for the augment is in the process of being updated so it aligns better for early game and starter planet resources.

2 Likes

Oh I figured I had to make a warp gate or somethin’

Just to let you know, on testing it is not possible to travel to different planets (not without a dev to help you out). Testing was created only to test the new login back end. That said, the fact you can not travel to other planets is a bug… we will fix it before we launch the new universe!

2 Likes

Boundless contains a large collection of Objectives. Their job is to make sure they guide players through all features of the game. So search for an Objectice that does this. But be aware that the Objectives gradually unlock.

5 Likes

How do I know to search for an objective that teaches me to go to another planet if I want to find better resources, if I don’t know I’m able to go to another planet to find better resources?

Chicken and egg ^.^

If it were written in-game next to the resource tool-tips, say, next to silver, gold, some of the more advanced tech items, “Can only be found in more advanced worlds. Do X and Y and then you can traverse the universe!” I would know exactly when I need to know~

A lot of the objectives feel tedious instead of … special? Like… instead of really cool side-quests, they’re kinda shallow, or they update themselves slowly? There was one that was like, “Use a shovel to dig up these 3 items” and I’m like… “But it keeps telling me on the top left of my screen NOT to use a shovel on boulders… :’(”

So I go do it, then it updates and says, “If you get the epic skill you can place those items, go dig them up again and place them in your plot!” And I’m like, “I JUST SPENT 15 minutes looking for a boulder, a fungus, and a plant to hit with my shovel, and now I gotta do it again, but I don’t have 5 skill points… ugh, forget it” so I just put it out of my mind.

It’d be great if they were built more like side-quests,

so like, instead the Objective would be like,

"Oortians love home decor (who doesn’t?!), and in this Galaxy the grandest of homes gain Prestige, which is used for great benefits. One of the ways to do this is to use a Shovel to pick up Fungus, Boulders, Plants, and other surface resources, but only Oortian’s who have mastered the Epic Shovel Skill can accomplish this!"

and then list the quest requirements or something.

1 Like

Well once the next update is pushed it will be a lot easier!

We can get a fresh guide on steam when it comes out too

And the only way they know they need updates or new guides is from great feedback.

1 Like

The tutorial is still being worked on, they just made a bunch of changes so it may feel incomplete at times but this is why we are all here right now before the game officially launches, to give feedback!
like DonBab said, they are still working on the recipes as well. it will be easier to craft warp augments when the new universe is up and certainly by launch day.
Currently they are crafted in a compactor and requires 5 base metal (copper or iron) and 3 vital essence (acquired from putting any organic mob drop in an extractor) but that recipe will possibly change but I know for sure that it will be crafted in the workbench (eliminating the need for silver and tech components)