How do you find public mines?

My walled mine:

images

Why wall part of it off? There’s plenty for everybody…

got a diamond mine on Serpent for new-to-gem players, still lots to do in it… but was aiming to have instructions for new players there. Still think Serpent is the first go to place for gems when you have iron tools etc.

Linked in Ult / PS / TNT hub on serpent.

Majority of the latest dig and build work by Boone and Lapis though :stuck_out_tongue:

(oh and any blocks unmineable is a mistake), everything plotted should be soon™ dug out… but waiting on the forge for the tools… and some netflix show to pick to dig the rest during

I originally walled off that section because I was being overrun by others while mining. I drill tunnels before clearing them out, and others would come along and ruin the structure in minutes. So I don’t see the problem in working around a few walls. I could equally complain about anyone that feels the need to worm their way directionlessly through the entire hotspot, making every step uncertain for others.

Beacon name is TKDN Diamond Mine and portal is N7

It also sort of has a mob farm since the main area is under a lava cavern.

Updated. Cheers!

1 Like

No more excuses, its a walled prive mine.

Because Greed.

You obviously don’t know what you’re talking about, taking me out of context, and disregarding my responses.

Or you are.

Or just playing the game as intended. From the web site:

Claim a source of loot or rare resources and citizens will flock from across the universe to trade with you. Gather wealth, land, resources and share them with new or needy citizens and the universe will learn of your good deeds. Form a guild for profit and claim strategic locations and travel routes to dominate your world.

3 Likes

The latter two sections of the mine, which make up at least 70% of the plotted area, are public, and not plotted on the walls. If you want to sit and stare at the parts you don’t like, be my guest.

Coming in here to say that I enjoy using Alienfish’s public mine on Mali. I was aware he has a private mine for guild members as well but it’s very small imo.

I personally do not see any issue with public mines like this. What bothers me the most, as @Alienfish pointed out, is when somebody who doesn’t know how to mine or just doesn’t care mines an area like a a@#!ole and just randomly blows things up in different directions making elevations above and below, that they didn’t really intend to mine, worthless to attempt by anyone else due to the time lost dodging holes and grappling around open areas.

My take:

Public, walled-in mines ===> Totally cool
Private, walled-in mines inaccessible to anyone but yourself ===> gtfo

2 Likes

Another option on the mines - on exoworlds, I will dig out mines and create tokens to the spots, put them in the Exo Shuttle Stations on Biitula (above the Hunt Hive hub) and Tana VII (by Legendville Mall). Small price on the tokens, 10c, to discourage just taking all of them, but the exos sometimes can be better than the permanents - also, for the lucent gems, you’ll have to go there. They don’t regen so they get can torn up, but I try to get them in good spots. :slight_smile: Saves worries about mobs that way too.

… Unfortunately, appears some have been getting regen bombed lately - still useful, but might find yourself having to dig down into a hotspot rather than going straight to it.

1 Like

Mining on exos? Ooooooo got any stark viridian gleam?

Okay, playing the game as intended huh? So how would you explain the case where someone ploted the only black glass spot, making it entirly monopoly, got reported and removed by the Devs. Wasnt he playing the game eh?

Plus: How about more and more people “playing the game” by walling off ALL THE RESOURCE HOTSPOTS? What will you gonna do then?

I am going to do nothing. It is up to the developers to do something about it if they think it is a problem. If this was as bad an issue as you stated then all the areas on the various planets where players are walling off resource spawning areas would have been removed and they have not. . so how do YOU explain that? This is hardly the first time this has been brought up. They are certainly not all public mines so I would argue that a one off incident where we have no idea of all the circumstances can hardly be taken as a hard and fast rule. Not when all the other spots still exist.

So without specific guidance in the CoC that prohibits such behavior, the existance of a large number of walled off resource spots and the quote from the website versus a single incident, I will argue it is allowed. I may not like it, but that does not mean it is against the rules.

Gleam ■■■■■ on that one planet are all claimed theres a bunch of them. Enough are accessible for public with platforms. Isnt there like 4 or 5 dark glass spots?