How should mounts summoning work?

but you are then for permadeath for pets? or just getting killed and then revived later either on spot or at a certain stable/shrine whatever?

Okay, let’s try this:

• There are a wide variety of tame-able creatures in Oort.
• Some can be used as pets, some can be used as mounts.
• Tamed creatures have a starting level (doesn’t have to be lvl 1) and level up independently of the player. (how do they gain EXP btw?)
• Tamed creatures have hit points and other stats, and thus can join you in battle and be KO’d by PVE
• Tamed creatures that are KO’d can be revived in battle within a certain time limit, otherwise they teleport back home and must be revived there.
• Mounts give you perks in terms of increased riding speed, extra inventory (sidebags), etc
• Tamed creatures can be given commands (Follow, Stay, Go Home, Avoid Combat, Engage Enemies, Come to My Location, etc)
• Tamed creatures can only be targeted by other players that you have attacked (i.e. other players cannot KO your mount without first getting you to fight them)
• Likewise, tamed creatures will not attack other players unless you have attacked them.

2 Likes

more like some pets are mountable. like the mega awesome mohawk pig, you can go up and ride on that. but it will also fight, something else would be like saber cat mounts or the like.

come to my location and follow is the same command, and should only work within a certain radius of your pet i think, something like 20 blocks or so?

but to the rest, yeah basically. allow all pets to carry a certain amount of stuff, if mounts are just pets anyways. can be extented with pet armor.

pets would level up by fighting like the player. we arent even really sure how to define levels, so its a bit of a tricky system.

but other than that, yeah basically something like that.

for the level, if players have a bar called ‘‘sword mastery’’ for example that increase when you use swords, pet could have a kind of same thing, just called combat experience and Mount experience, leveling up the 2 are for combat fighting, and for mount just riding around, or feeding it or what we might get.

i like the log horizon way of summoning mounts having a mount bound to a whistle so when you blow that specific whistle only that mount can come running to you

Pokemon ■■■■■, Nuff said :stuck_out_tongue:

Some really interesting stuff in here. So far, I think I am leaning on the side of pets being KO’d, but not in a permanent means. In Archeage, if your pet/mount died, you had to find a special stable master to heal your pet before you could ride it again or use it in combat. For Oort, I would say a special item, like a stable crystal, would be a great way to link ourselves to a pet. I like this idea because it goes back to how I feel about pets and mounts not being a collectors thing like in other games.

I would prefer people didn’t lose stuff permanently for the purposes of breeding as well. I mentioned in another thread about wanting to have pets be something special and vested in, by offering players a way to bond with the creature as they choose. This also means adding special breeding for color and maybe other pet qualities. If this is happens, I know I wouldn’t want to lose a pet easily after spending time, coin, and other resources to make a special companion.

Maybe the stable crystal only allows so many creatures to be linked at a time. So, mount farmers like maybe myself, would have to be careful with my stock of pets for breeding, because they all couldn’t be linked to my crystal at once. However, players would be able to change out which ones are linked at any given time. Say, my farmlands are all within my beacon,and I feel confident that I can have a good number of rare or special creatures for pet breeding purposes. When I go adventuring, I could pick any one of these creatures to be linked to my stable crystal. If that pet gets KO’d, it goes back to the crystal or something like that.

If I do not have my other pets in a beacon or other safe area, they are prone to permanent death. This should help keep the servers from becoming over burdened with copious amounts of bread animals.

1 Like

I´d like to have item that allows me to summon (for example) Griffin (winged lion) if I find myself atop of mountain for example. For items with ability to summon KO or death could be that after taking few hits they vanish to air as smoke and countdown would appear on your item that tells when you can use it again to summon creature. Countdown could be something like 10 to 30 minutes so player doesn´t have chance to abuse creature summoning while in the battle. To further decrease possibility to abuse summoning in battle player should have limitation of having only 1 summoning item equipped or in inventory at the time.

Stable method could work “better” and more realistically that you can craft saddle that you could use from item bar to horse and saddle would appear on horse which you could ride by right-clicking or certain hotkey.

With item summoning and normal mounting we could have both normal mountable creatures (like horse) and mythological creatures (like dragon, griffins, pegasus) that you can ride in-game without funny things like how you can mount same saddle on I don´t know…cat and dragon.

The possibility to apply a crafted saddle to every creature ingame would be interesting. A bit like Grand Theft Animal.
A riding animation would have to be created for each char-type in relation to creature. : |