How to Build a Blacksmith! - New Video | Building a Settlement Episode 2

Hello Oort Descendants!

Hope your week has started off well! I ahve been spending the most good part of 4 days working on new addition to my Settlement, Little Oorton, building a Blacksmith!

I have of course filmed the build from start to finish, speeding up all the boring bits and slowing it down for the more important stuff. And attempting to be entertaining inbetween… :wink: Hope you enjoy!

10 Likes

Where about a is ya settlement man id love to come take a look some time. =]

1 Like

Of course! Planet Arie -1300N 900E :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not much of a builder myself. But I love seeing the stuff you creatives come up with!

1 Like

Great vid!
haha i love it when you fumble with words…
blacksmither? blacksmissus?

1 Like

This was fun to watch! I think you can get the machines to enforce your theme more strongly by ordering their placement differently. I forget off the top of my head, but the 2nd or 3rd machine piece you place ends up having the most real-world detail. Here’s an example from my home. Getting the saw blade and mill to show would look great in a blacksmith’s work area.

2 Likes

@Contract I never used to be a builder in games which you could, until I found boundless :slight_smile:

@Hazir Hahaha cheers mate, I always fumble my words :confused:

@a13o Oh wow! I never knew there was an actual order that you could manipulate, I’ve just gone through all my machines and changed them! Looks so much better now, thanks for that tip!

2 Likes

Awesome video and tutorial. I like all the details in this building, you don’t see many structures like this in towns.

1 Like

Amazing build again off to knock down my builds now :cry::cry::cry:

1 Like

Lots of new inspiration in this video. Thanks, Ovis! Your settlement is really looking amazing.

I took some inspiration from your Lil Bakery video and used it for my fireplace when leveling a new alt. You know, the part where you have to place x amount of blocks etc./ etc. All the starting out stuff lol. Well, those blocks made up this little retreat by the waterside. While building, I remembered what you did with the Oven and, well, I’ll let the pics explain…

From the outside…

And as someone mentioned earlier (Can’t find it now, perhaps the post was edited or deleted), Lanterns can make awesome wall-lights…

And here’s a pic of the other side, exterior with the little pier where I like to sit when I’m AFK…

So yea, I got a lot of inspiration from your builds for this one. The fireplace, the patchwork/natural look pathway outside the gate and many more things. So, thanks for that, Ovis! Please keep these videos coming and inspiring us! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha I’ll help you… knock them down :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks Karo, I appreciate that :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks a lot C0N!

This post made me feel great! Glad to see my videos are inspiring you! your builds a really looking great, I like the chimney and your fences are looking real nice also :slight_smile:

You have a really good spot right there on the water, lots of potentional build opportunities! I’ll have to swing by and take a closer look :smiley: Thanks again buddy!

2 Likes

Hey thanks!

Drop by anytime. It’s on the far outskirts of Refgar’s capital. Here are the coordinates : -824N -800E

I also have a portal directly to it in Gellis Prime. It’s up on the hill behind R3D’s store. (Crosshair in the first image below is pointing to the site the portal is located on) But here are the coordinates for that build too if it’s any easier. : 280N -1381E

But yea. The area is beautiful and mostly untouched with a lot of flat ground. Perfect for nice countryside style builds. I think you’ll like it so check it out when you have the chance. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah nice! Yeh looks realy nice I’ll pop by soon :smiley:

2 Likes