Outfits Exp & Targeting! Release 198 Overview | Jiivita's Corner

that was very informative! thanks @Jiivita

1 Like

Cool video as always!

Couple of notes:-

• % resolution can make a huge difference if your GPU bound. This is very helpful for higher resolution monitors and lower end gpus, eg those often in laptops. If it doesnā€™t alter fps with vsync off your CPU limited (bar some edge case with ultimate terrain that can be an awful lot of vertices and vram).
  • Smooth normals bevels the edges of natural blocks, e.g.look at sloped grass with and without. Its actually the single most expensive effect, other than per pixel lighting.
  • Reflections do show other players/creatures (see 16:25 of yours!). In first person there is no reflection of yourself though due to Mr Tickle.
  • Generally draw distance isnt too important, its terrain detail, object detail and reflections that cost the most on CPU.
  • Iā€™ll checkout the min fps freaking out at 60fps, not seen that yet.
  • Interesting point on DOF, I too play with a low cursor.
  • We are working on the CPU load to get further wins all round!
8 Likes

Awesome, Great to know! guess Iā€™m not GPU bound =) gives his CPU a dirty look

Holy :scream:

:rofl:

this was happening in Aquatopia on Solum @ 497N 639E alt. 57ā€¦ where i normally have to bump the terrain detail down to medium to maintain a buttery smooth experience for recordingā€¦ So having all settings at Max along with the minimum FPS at 60 wasnā€™t playing nice =Pā€¦ also i was running and jumping fulltilt all over the placeā€¦ So I was kind of asking for problems rofl

sweet!

anywayā€¦ sounds like i should have picked you brain b4 recording ><
thank you for the great info <3

1 Like

I also found this interesting. And hadnā€™t really thought it of the way you presented it before.

I think we would like to scale the crosshair back a little. (But the game is unplayable with no crosshair - IMO.)

1 Like

well, just to be clear, i donā€™t have anything against the crosshair. It works quite nicely for aiming since it doesnā€™t get lost in hectic situationsā€¦ Itā€™s just that when Iā€™m looking at train and buildings I tend to look over the crosshair which makes DOF a bit counterproductive =)

A few ideas that this conversation brings to mind however would be crosshair settings so the player could customize it to an extentā€¦ Maybe even different styles such as a small dot etcā€¦ Or even a different crosshair for different tools and weaponsā€¦ But that sounds needlessly complicated =P

4 Likes

Maybe smaller, maybe transparent, if that is at all realistic (I know transparency is a bit demanding)

Bit of a random video showing off my new ā€œlong-ishā€ term project along with some Boundless news, Buff index, and a Channel update to top it all off =P

Probably a bit redundant to put this here however itā€™s mentioned in the video so here we go ^^

Also, the awesome reply by James mentioned in the video:

Super quick summary of the channel update: WOWZA approaching 400 subs! :heart: :heart_eyes: ā€“ currently I feel players discover Boundless and THEN my channelā€¦ I would like to increase the chances that someone could discover Boundless BY discovering my channelā€¦ In other words I would like to promote Boundless moreā€¦ And yes, I already tried shouting from rooftops - the police were not amused :rofl:

In all seriousness, in order to achieve this I feel itā€™s necessary to diversify my channel a bit so at some point Iā€™ll be working on a few other games (maybe 1-2 videos a month) At any rate, Iā€™ll most likely work on two or three such videos in the background and post them close together to kick it off :thinking:

8 Likes

Well clearly I will remove my recommendation to James to make Jiivita our official mascotā€¦ Since he plays other games! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jiivita I totally discovered boundless through your channel! Your ā€œUpcoming voxel havenā€ video popped into my feed, and I literally immediately wanted the game, and then bought it the next morning. So, thanks :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome! Iā€™ve been meaning to make an updated version of that video for ages nowā€¦ guess I should make that a higher priority :thinking:

3 Likes

@Cookviper Requested that i unveil his latest and most epic competition to date!!!

9 Likes

Iā€™m terrible at this stuff but will have a go :wink:

2 Likes

Wowā€¦ I need to win

3 Likes

Well I got the 1st clue but stuck from there on. I did however find a Diamond hammer as a hidden bonus prize from cook so happy days. Zelda bonus theme running through my head as requested :grin::+1:

5 Likes

I was wondering when somebody would find that. :grin:

2 Likes

Are there clues to find the riddle bits? Some signs donā€™t have numbers on, so are they part of it?

1 Like

I have found 1 of 6. I am surprised by how complex and maze like the city can be. It feels bigger on the inside than on the outside 0.0 I am interested in joining a team.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got 1 and 5 at the moment

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, I cannot provide any additional informationā€¦ that being said Iā€™m about 98% sure that this question is answered in the video =P

1 Like

Each sign thatā€™s part of the riddle will be labeled telling you what portion of the riddle it is. Once all are collected they can be read together to be solved. The hints however simply allude to the overall riddle and yes they can help you solve the riddle if they themselves are deciphered properly. Even the hints are written in riddle style. :smirk:

3 Likes