How To Place Portals Right The First Time (OP Outdated - See Replies)

@brook-monroe this thread is outdated.

2x3 portal is 3high, 2 wide.
But for Solum-therka you need bigger portal - 15 blocks at least and a skill to open 4 hops wart

1 Like

hey jivita quick question how big and what is the cost to do solum to berlyn

1 Like

Based on his video it was 3 hops is 15 conduits at least. 9-23 conduits are 100 open / 2 hr

1 Like

@the-moebius

This is correct ^^

Here is some more info just for fun or if anyone else happens along this post =)

I was planning to update this post with current information instead of just a reply… However it’s old enough now that I cannot edit ><

at any rate here is some info ^^

Jumps Size To Open /hr
0 1 50 1
1 6 50 1
2 9 100 2
3 15 100 2
4 24 200 4
5 32 200 4
6 40 500 10
7 50 500 10

I wish the forums better supported tables ><
Absolutely love this Star Chart by @Okkelinor… handy for finding how many jumps a portal will need ^^

Click to See The Boundless Crown

also here is a more up-to-date portal vid:

4 Likes

Thanks…I guess I need to find a token to Epsilo, then.

??? Going from Solum to Therka would be

Solum > Vulpto > Munteen vii > Therka

Epsilo would be out of your way for setting up a Portal… unless I’m missing something… are you going there to get Oort Shards (portal fule)?

A potential shortcut would be to set up a Portal on Solum that gets you close to a preexisting Portal hub that already connects to Therka and, if needed, set up a second portal on Therka to a particular location on Therka.

It is often cheaper on per hour cost to set up several 1 jump portals rather than one long range portal (not to mention it gives you access to more planets) but it is less convenient for quick travle

1 Like

I have to build a “first time” portal to pass two objectives, and Epsilo is the biggest planet in the sky over Solum. (I can also see Vulpto, which looks to be about 3x the distance.) My target needs to be within one hop of Solum because I haven’t any of the long-range portal skills. I got to Therka through a portal that “lives” about 3/4 of the way from my site to Pixelgate, and I can always use portals in Pixelgate, but I need a token to someplace “close-by” in order to use the portal I have built on the roof of my stockade. Therka is just too darned far away for this objective. That–unless I misunderstand how the game calculates distances between worlds, makes Epsilo the target.

1 Like

I see your logic… it makes since but the game is not accurate in that regard =( … in short, if you can see a planet with any terrain detail then it is one jump away (for now… also you “can” see other planets that are farther but they look like stars and you can’t use an upgraded totem on them)

here is an awesome star chart that makes these relationships much easier to grasp ^^
the connecting lines represent the paths that warps & portals are forced to travel

1 Like

Well, either way, I’m still not going to Therka. :slight_smile: Maybe someone on Vulpto has a token on a plinth that I can purchase.

1 Like

Slap me if I’m talking too much =P

Question: by token are you referring to portal tokens to set up a Portal or location markers (used for warps and bookmarking locations) ether way I could help out ^^

Also @Jeffrotheswell offent has tokens for sale at his hub locations (however they are only big enough for 0 to 1 jumps) if you have the conduits for both sides, however, then you don’t need to buy one

Also if you talk to Jeff I would imagine he would make a bigger portal to accommodate your needs (he offent plays on Mondays from my understanding )

Anyway I love helping ppl out and I have lots of conduits left over from a vid so don’t hesitate to let me know a time&place when you can play if you wish… I understand though if you prefer to accomplish this yourself ^^

I will do my best to acomodate any size portal at my hubs. Some however have limited space due to civilization springing up around them. We sure are growing as a game these past few months!
thanks for the plug @Jiivita :wink:

2 Likes

I made some more portal conduits but I don’t recall off-hand if I took them with me to Vulpto. I probably did. Just a matter of finding a place where I’m not bombarded by flying animals and getting something set up.

1 Like

jivita thank you very much just what i needed gonna print it lolz
thank you thank you thank you :grin:

1 Like

It does… Just need to wrap each value with pipes |

Jumps Size To Open Per hour
0 1 50 1
1 6 50 1
2 9 100 2
3 15 100 2
4 24 200 4
5 32 200 4