How to play Test version?

Apologies if this is a silly question.

I’ve played Boundless over the past several weeks, gotten over hurdles and in general really enjoyed the game! And the community. Basically any player I ran into in-game has been pleasant and the forums are very responsive and helpful!

I’ve noticed new version notes coming out, and mentions of beginning quests and features that I haven’t seen in my game experience. I think that you open a different version of the game to get all this test stuff? Like the latest being Test 163?

How would I go about being able to play the new test version, and be able to give my constructive feedback for further development of Boundless?

It doesn’t seem to be the same as with Minecraft, where you choose the version of the game you want to play in the launcher. When I open Boundless it spends a couple minutes on a loading screen then drops me in the Sanctum.

Thanks for your help!!

Kind Regards,
Doodles

3 Likes

So

1. Right click on Boundless in your Steam library
    2.) click “properties”
    3.) go to the “betas” tab in the new window that pops up
    4.) click the drop down menu and select “Opt in” or whatever the option is that you don’t have preselected
    when you close out of that new window it should appear as if it’s installing Boundless again, and the result will be that your library displays Boundless[testing].

Start the game from here :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you, Arkefyre! Your instructions were clear, and I’m playing the Test version now!

5 Likes