How to remove rain and fog

you can’t remove them

even field of play - all players must be exposed to the same challenges - if you could turn it off, you would have an advantage over those who don’t;
weather can minimize visibility and you just wait or work through it

I agree in most of what you said, but what I’m talking about are settings that in most games can be tunned down slightly or completely for performance or any other reason.

When I think of taking an advantatge it comes to my mind those who plot entire gem veins or any other high end resources.

Anyway thanks for the response.

1 Like

If everyone had the same option to disable the effect then there is no advantage. It would be a choice and if you like effect then turn it on, if it interferes with building and other activities in a way that you do not like turn it off.

4 Likes

James said they were looking into changing it…

Well, Maybe Its challenge for hunting. But its very annoying for building.
Some planets just has like 80% raining or snowing . I don’t think its fair for players who settle in those place.

3 Likes

Assuming you’re playing on PC

1 Like

Bit off topic but did they remove or changed the a foliage quality setting some way? I cannot “remove” foliage.

I tried it like a year ago cause it helped farming stuff but now i cant seem to find right setting.

Yes, this setting was reworked when they added farming since the crops count as foliage. You can no longer turn the grass off like you could before since that would also hide the crops

2 Likes

Dang it. 10chars

1 Like

You should be able to modify the grass textures (make them 100% transparent) to get that effect if you wanted.

1 Like

I feel thats cheating so i just live it how it is.

1 Like

Thanks Jiivita I’ll check the jsons.

All the problems I’m having in the game are related to weather, I think we should be able to adjust it in game settings.

I am building a new base in trung (moving there to have better connection, I was in Tana and lately I get a lot of game unplayable messages) and while being inside my base I see the fog, it’s very irritating.
The base it’s complety enclosed, all windows has glass planes, roof with glass and I am using ornate wood doors that got some holes in it’s design but that shoudn’t let the fog enter the home.
Weather shoudn’t work this way, even if it’s rainig outside, or there is fog, or whatever, if I am inside my home and the door is closed I shoudn’t see any weather effect.

2 Likes

Just took a screenshot to let you see what I’m talking about.

1 Like

There have been many threads about it - I believe they are looking at changing it soon. There are json files under “assets” that could be tweaked, but there are no settings for it in-game yet.

2 Likes

they did some changes on test version but it’s not better

4 Likes

Welcome to Trung! Where abouts are you located? Near Nova Golda?

1 Like

Thanks!

Yes I am near, about 900m heading SW, in the middle of a swamp area between two spicy area spawns. I like farming them, and this way I just have to get out of my house to grab some :slight_smile:

3 Likes

By the way, I’ve been trying different values in the weather json files.
I’ve changed a lot of lines refering to rain, fog and mist. It seems to have improved a bit. This screen was taken during a heavy rain like the previous one.

3 Likes

Found some more great “clear” shots today:

These were sandstorms or something.

2 Likes
1 Like