How'd you discover Boundless?

Since seeing some post in “What turns you off boundless” say that they found it through a friend mostly. I was wondering how most people stumbled upon this wonderful game.

For me it was a game my partner wanted to try after seeing it on a video on youtube “Upcoming survival games to keep an eye out for”.

What’s your story?

20 Likes

Recommended to me by Steam was how I found it. :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

#blamesuji

I work with a guy who was pretty active in game (@Sujimichi88) and he talked about it enough that I eventually got interested.

I’m really not a fan of Minecraft so definitely took him a while to convince me that it’s not Minecraft, but been here ever since :grin:

8 Likes

@Jiivita 's video about an “Upcoming voxel heaven” was recommended to me on YouTube, I think I bought the game the same day :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

My dad introduced me to it after finding it on steam himself… and now he’s trying to get me to stop playing it

15 Likes

Has he introduced you to BBA? Boundless Builders Anonymous, we meet and discuss our boundless addiction and play for 10 hrs straight :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Not yet, though if he stumbles upon the post I think he will sign me up

3 Likes

A youtuber named Zebra Gamer I liked at the time.

Made a series with about 5 episodes.

He said it was No Mans Sky / Minecraft (which are both communities I came from and still like)
I got Boundless and it was amazing

3 Likes

found it by chance in steam while i was searching for sandbox games , dunno why it didnt show up the weeks before it , but i was really mad that i missed the early acces sale by a DAY . they stopped the sale 1 month before release and did a hard reset on the servers 3 days before release. i was going NUTS waiting those extra 3 days :sob: !!!

4 Likes

I saw an Oort Online video when randomly looking for Minecraft alternatives in 2016 or 17 I was very interested until I learned that there isn’t Single Player mode. (wasn’t paying much attention to the name, obviously :smiley: )
it popped up on Steam as a recommendation one day in early 2019, it was on sale. I watched @Ovis’s ‘8 reasons you should play boundless’ video and decided to give it a go.
turns out that even whilst having no measurable people skills I quite enjoy the mmo aspect :robot:

10 Likes

Humble bundle choice, was a free addon game

And pretty much the only one I play from choice as well
I recommend boundless, choice not so much

4 Likes

Saw it in the Playstation store just a little bit after release. :slight_smile: Decided it looked cool, went in blind - best impulse buy ever! :wink:

9 Likes

Word for word how I discovered Boundless lol

5 Likes

I don’t remember when, but back in Oort Online days, I ran into the trailer for the game and new I wanted it. The portals and the worlds to explore were exactly what I wanted at the time.
I looked into it some, watching some YouTube play videos, and decided to wait until it was more fleshed out.

Periodically, I would see it pop up in one feed or another, and I would check on it. It eventually ended up in my Steam wishlist with 100 other games.

When my wife and I were looking for a game to play together (both kids are finally old enough we have some extra time!), Boundless happened to have come in on an isthereanydeal.com email as being on sale, so I showed her the trailer for it along with a few others.

After researching to make sure the game had enough population and features that we would enjoy it as it is right now, we bought two copies and haven’t looked back.

6 Likes

My friend MelaninSims aka MsBrittGaming started playing and suggested the game to me and CosmicMermaid. The rest is history, as they say.

6 Likes

Was looking for something to replace our Minecraft servers, which kept crashing, probably too many cow waterfalls…

Thought the game had some good potential, and fell in love with it since. I’m the only one of us who still plays regularly, but have a few friends who stared with me who still pop in.

6 Likes

I mentioned it previously, but a buddy of mine gifted me a copy. We used to run a few servers for various games (Minecraft, 7 Days 2 Die, etc.) and he and I just started a couple of months ago. I have been really pushing to get more friends into the game and helping the community grow.

4 Likes

My buddy saw it on the PS store on launch day and told the rest of the crew if we didn’t get it he’d never game with us again.

6 Likes

It’s been so long I honestly forgot. I’m thinking it was through an MMO blog:

https://massivelyop.com/

4 Likes

Scrolling through Steam looking for games to play, Boundless stood out. I watched the trailers and decided to get stuck in straight away (September 2018)

7 Likes