How'd you discover Boundless?

Steam. I pray to Steam. For bringing me to the Boundless universe, Steam is basically a god to me.

6 Likes

A fellow player in the game I was playing mentioned it. I’ve been looking for a voxel game since my precious Landmark shut down.

7 Likes

Stevie saw past the TERRIBLE trailer and forced me to play it. I was just minding my own business on Animal Crossing. Boundless got us through lockdown and I met my soul sister @dax8472 :heart:

9 Likes

YouTube ads lmao
But @Jiivita videos help me fall in love w the game hahaha

7 Likes

My husband and son was playing it. I myself hadn’t played any type of video game in over 10 years. They begged me to try it out and play the game with them. So I started playing and loved it. Needless to say a week or two later they abandoned me and stopped playing the game… I honestly think they wanted to get me hooked to it, so that I would keep all their beacons filled while they went off to playing Ark and other games hahaha

6 Likes

I backed a game called Oort Online and then after coming back from not really playing pc games for a while it disappeared off my games list so i figured it probably was dead or something…

Then one day PCGamer was like hey check out this mmo game and i was like huh that looks interesting i wonder if i should check it out.

Then later one day i went to go look at it on steam and steam said i already owned the game…

10 Likes

It was destiny :joy:

7 Likes

1 or 2?

For myself, after playing a fair bit of terraria I searched for something with a bit more depth (ie 3d), so googled searched alternative to both the above and minecraft.
I didn’t come across Boundless straight away and took a while for it to cross my radar (march 2018) but when it did that was that and still is.

5 Likes

Found it by random while looking for minecraft alternatives in 2015 & backed it over at oortonline website

6 Likes

Same story for me! Pure chance

5 Likes

I remember seeing one of the first trailers for Oort Online in a gaming news site and I was mesmerized by it. I couldn’t take the beauty, the portal technology and incredible world engine out of my head. So, some time later, I bought a wayfarer package of it, in September, 2014 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I was in a housing guild in ESO and one of my guild buddies, @Mystfit, mentioned she was playing a new game. It had really captured her attention so I was curious about it.

7 Likes

She’s understating it. I said I was going to step off of ESO to play Boundless full time and she just MUST come with me :wink:

6 Likes

ESO was also my big addiction before Boundless, pulled me off it almost entirely too! :joy:

4 Likes

I liked ESO (though I was never able to embrace housing like I wanted to as it’s more decorating than building) but I can’t play two games. I’m in or out :wink:

5 Likes

I used to play a little bit of single player minecraft and Fallout4 on the PS4 and one day some of the games saves became corrupted and I couldn’t bare the thought of starting from scratch again. I had NMS when it first came out and despite all the uproar about all the missing stuff I really enjoyed it but eventually the ridiculously small and tedious storage system put me off playing. I searched for alternative minecraft/open world/exploring/building games and found Boundless which had just been released in Beta on Steam. I watched a few early videos of it on YouTube and thought I’d give it a go and the moment I stepped through the portal in Sanctum onto Therka I was hooked. I then had to upgrade my internet to be able to play it properly without rubber-banding and eventually upgrade my account before it went live to get the plot bonuses … best money I have ever spent on a video game, it’s almost been the only game I have played since August 2017

5 Likes

I saw this post https://www.gamedev.net/forums/topic/659363-oort-online-the-biggest-sandbox-ever33/ and took the bait. The first time I actually played would have been in August, a few weeks later.

6 Likes

I found Boundless not long after the PS4 release. It was originally a game I was going to play for a short time while waiting for another game to release.

6 Likes

I found out about Boundless through Polycraft: wonderstruck’s first game. There was a little ad for “Oort online” on there and I’ve been following the games development ever since :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I didn’t want to make you sound like a little purple tyrant. :stuck_out_tongue: