HTTP Shopping API Documentation

assets/archetypes/compileditems.msgpack

This file has all the item data, keyed by the internal name I think. You’ll have to use that and the english.json to find the correct string.

2 Likes

fyi: item names are no longer in the localisation data like english.json, they’re part of a more compact binary asset itemcolorstrings.dat (its now used server side for reclaim filtering)

3 Likes

All item strings are there, not just color related ones?

They were all gone when I checked the new file from inside the msgpack. I had to grab em from a backup english.json I had around.

1 Like

That means we will not have the names of any new items right? I wasn’t able to find any translation data for title and subtitle for the new glass signs (although the description exists), so I haven’t bothered adding them to my site yet. I really don’t fancy having to add each new item manually along with 4 other translations :weary:

Figure out how to pull them from the itemcolorstrings.dat :wink:

1 Like

Will do - Does it contain all the translations as well, or will I need to set my game to each translation and make a copy of the file for each one?

1 Like

It contains them all

2 Likes

Cool, thanks @lucadeltodecso :+1:

for anyone interested, figured out the mapping. here is the NAME to GUINAME to ID json export. Let me know if you find any issues… I have excluding “ALL” items that are listed as “canGive : false” as there were alot of extra item mapping involved that can’t be listed in the sell table. I can easily pull in other item specific values if needed, just let me know what.

Now to move a little further with the web interface for the shop searching… hope the API requests will come back by the time i’m done with the web interface side.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mXYFFymS9MvXUr2vBzwOF_8vIIi0DcrG?usp=sharing

edit :: Looks like there are a few values (4 to be exact) that are coming back from the msgpack decoding as the new glass signs. However, the decoding of the english.msgpack doesn’t have a reference to the name. Curious if this is an issue / item missed from being added to the english.msgpack or if this is an issue with the data being there, but it simply being decoded … btw, I tried 3 different decoding process / tools, and all of them gave me the same results, so i don’t think it’s a decoding issue, but not sure.

Okay, so using all the info provided in the Documentation of itemcolorstring.dat topic I have managed to extract the list of string translations from the itemcolorstrings.dat file.

What I am unsure of, however, is how to link that list of names to the ID or stringID of the item.
e.g.
“id”:9333, “stringID”: “ITEM_TYPE_CONTROL_GUILD_BASE”
And while I know that name is “Guild Control”, it’s the fourth item name in the English list and I can’t see how that relates to ‘9333’ or ‘ITEM_TYPE_CONTROL_GUILD_BASE’

Anyone got any ideas? or perhaps @lucadeltodecso has the answer?

I’m sure he’ll chime in Monday after somebody has already reverse engineered it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hahaha, so long as he chimes in at all, I’ll be happy.

the first section of the itemcolorstrings.dat contains a sorted list of itemid which indirectly gives the indexing of the title strings Documentation of itemcolorstrings.dat structure

from start of file:

u8  : metals-palette max index <-- ignore
u16 : number of encoded ItemType's
{
  u16 : ItemType
  u8  : subtitle-index <-- ignore if you dont care about the subtitles
} * number-of-encoded-ItemType's  [ sorted by itemId for binary search

aka if 9333 is the 102nd itemtype in the list, then item-title at index 102 is the title for that item

5 Likes

Ah, yeah I was skipping over that part :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks luca! You’re the man! :heart:

I took the compileditems.msgpack and the english.msgpack … converted them to Json, and paired together the fields I needed which is how i got all the item_name, item ID, and the friendly name … which is what i shared on google drive. The one thing that I wasn’t able to find within the itemcolorstring.dat was how to determine if the item should be excluded from display, due to not really being an item, or being a cheat / creative only item, etc. The msgpack method has a ton of details on each item that allowed me to filter by. only 4 items weren’t matched up, which was the glass items… and the oort stones weren’t detected because they were flaged as “notGiven” … but I white listed those to include them.

There seems to be a lot of duplicated item IDs:
But otherwise it all seems to be working to me.

Thanks again to @lucadeltodecso and to @Lorgar

2 Likes

This is because the game uses block IDs for various implementation states, for example to differentiate between signs-in-the-process-of-being-created vs signs-in-a-valid-state.

1 Like

If you look at the internal names they’re a different block internally, even though they share the same language string. Signs have a complete version, some blocks have a dugup version etc.

“SIGN_GLEAM_MODULAR”
“SIGN_GLEAM_MODULARCOMPLETE”

The final item count for stuff usable in-game and searchable from the knowledge menu came to 972. It’s still probably wrong but pretty close.

1 Like

Ah, I see!
Thank you both, makes a lot of sense :smile: