HTTP Shopping API Documentation

the first section of the itemcolorstrings.dat contains a sorted list of itemid which indirectly gives the indexing of the title strings Documentation of itemcolorstrings.dat structure

from start of file:

u8  : metals-palette max index <-- ignore
u16 : number of encoded ItemType's
{
  u16 : ItemType
  u8  : subtitle-index <-- ignore if you dont care about the subtitles
} * number-of-encoded-ItemType's  [ sorted by itemId for binary search

aka if 9333 is the 102nd itemtype in the list, then item-title at index 102 is the title for that item

5 Likes

Ah, yeah I was skipping over that part :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks luca! You’re the man! :heart:

I took the compileditems.msgpack and the english.msgpack … converted them to Json, and paired together the fields I needed which is how i got all the item_name, item ID, and the friendly name … which is what i shared on google drive. The one thing that I wasn’t able to find within the itemcolorstring.dat was how to determine if the item should be excluded from display, due to not really being an item, or being a cheat / creative only item, etc. The msgpack method has a ton of details on each item that allowed me to filter by. only 4 items weren’t matched up, which was the glass items… and the oort stones weren’t detected because they were flaged as “notGiven” … but I white listed those to include them.

There seems to be a lot of duplicated item IDs:
But otherwise it all seems to be working to me.

Thanks again to @lucadeltodecso and to @Lorgar

2 Likes

This is because the game uses block IDs for various implementation states, for example to differentiate between signs-in-the-process-of-being-created vs signs-in-a-valid-state.

1 Like

If you look at the internal names they’re a different block internally, even though they share the same language string. Signs have a complete version, some blocks have a dugup version etc.

“SIGN_GLEAM_MODULAR”
“SIGN_GLEAM_MODULARCOMPLETE”

The final item count for stuff usable in-game and searchable from the knowledge menu came to 972. It’s still probably wrong but pretty close.

1 Like

Ah, I see!
Thank you both, makes a lot of sense :smile: