Hunt Platforms / Speed Hunts - General Discussion

That is a fair point they could be a plot off the ground and allow for easier grappling for newer players with basic grapples and not be visible from all over the planet. But maybe they did not think of it or there is a reason we are not aware of.

More likely people just cba to flatten a few bits of land sticking up :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It’s mostly about having the best line of sight, pc players have much better rendering as well so they can spot them easier than ps4 players. Being in the air has more advantages.

1 Like

Well thank you for clarifying that. My apologies, next time lets discuss in my native language then. Have a good day Sir.

5 Likes

I thought about that, but PC hunt leaders also usually have the farsight mod so they dont really need line of sight. Are you saying that the sky might mitigate this for the ps4 players?

The hunt platforms could be art right? Maybe a group of people can volunteer to decorate them and get permissions from the owners. Flying ships, dragons, fish, zeppelins, planes, spaceships etc?

3 Likes

All,

Just a quick reply on the questions about why in the sky…I will add to the top though. :slight_smile:

…and since this is a thread about the platforms, it may be best to create a new thread about slides so those thoughts can be found again :slight_smile: (thanks)

The platforms were intentionally built 1 plot from the top for these reasons.

Why are the platforms built up so high?

1.) Being up high allows you the least amount of interrupted space/sky to see the incoming meteor
- even still some terrain on the T6’s are actually up this high…think pancake mountains

2.) Safest / No MoB’s usually except on some rare ones.
- Remember the platforms were not initially enclosed. I had faith all would just behave and follow the hunt leader. LOL Additionally, in my original concept I was going to make a platform in every single region…maybe even put portals between them all. Then, someone could make a quick atlas safely.

3.) The same level for all also allows consistency. All of my platforms are built at the exact same level across all planets.

4.) Up high also allows regular ground hunts to easily see where the next region line is.

5.) So all could still build in the reserved space if you needed to port to the next one
- this is why not the top plot - but could be done building at top of any plot

6.) Allows you the most time to correct your mistake of not having a grapple selected after jumping off

7.) Falling is fun! :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the input and comments - really appreciate it!

And always thanks to the wonderful hunt leaders!!

Ayalla

5 Likes

thank you for the explanation and letting me vent. you have a good attitude

1 Like

@DKPuncherello - this is why I made mine all compasses…so you could look in the sky and see which direction you were going once you knew they were all consistent in coloring. Not that you couldn’t just look at your HUD or anything. lol Maybe I should redo them all to look like clouds. :slight_smile:

Most definitely there are much more creative and artistic examples. I would certainly be up for partnering with folks to maybe even make them something that fits the theme of the planet better.

And a quick edit to add that:

4.) Up high allows regular ground hunts to easily see where the next region line is.

I have been on many hunts that do not use the platforms but head towards them because the hunt leader knows that’s a good place to go. And on other hunts that don’t use them until the very end to get just one more quick meteor to top off ort at an even 300.

1 Like

Wasn’t trying to insult you I’ve read multiple things you’ve written and you seem to have a pretty good grasp of English so it’s Impossible for people to know there might be a language barrier there because it’s not evident. Maybe I could of worded it better saying it made no sense but to me it made no sense. Now that I know there was a language barrier it puts things more into context. I tried to correct what you said and you corrected me by saying it’s most likely because of the language barrier. I’m sure you weren’t trying to insult me, which I didn’t take it that way and I wasn’t trying to insult you either. We both got corrected, that’s part of dialogue and there nothing wrong with it.

I agree, no harm done. Though you do have a point as I should be more careful with my phrasing. My english is fluent but not like a natives so if I start to abbreviate stuff especially on sensitive topics that is not a good habit.

It also was not my intention to call you out in anyway if it felt like that. Its just a discussion about opinions and I am fine with everyones standpoint, I also like to understand the perspectives of others on discussed matters.

2 Likes

They are fun…but they are ugly…sometime wish someone plotted a whole planet just so I didn’t have to see them on every planet worth going too. But that’s the easy way of hunting that everyone likes. So I can understand their attraction … why not put them in tree tops instead so high in the sky…Yes my thumb gets hurt when I look up…hahahaha

1 Like

:wink: (characters)

1 Like

Since it has been mentioned a few times…Just a quick update to add:

Why are they EVERYWHERE? Can’t I get a clear view on this planet?

There are generally 50 regions on each planet. Except for Galan with 33 platforms all of the other planets have 13-15 platforms since this is usually enough to satisfy a 2+ hour hunt. That leaves roughly 35 regions or 70% of the planet that is free and open for all to enjoy the views platform free. Yes, you can see them from far away…but they are not everywhere. There should still be ample planet to build where there isn’t a single platform in sight! :slight_smile: And in fact, on most of the planets the regions where the platforms are built are contiguous, all together, so just run a little away from them and they won’t be in sight for miles and miles and miles.

1 Like

Maybe because u are not the only one building them…

1 Like

I made some balloons. Sadly the balloon get in the way. Thought about a UFO shape would not be ideal.

Clouds will look like blobs.

1 Like

If I was not busy atm moving my base I would volunteer to design a few as scout stations/spaceships. @Ayalla is this something you would be okay with? In a few weeks maybe a month I could make the time to help with the beautification^^ With a nice platform on the back of a spaceship or ‘orbital station’.

Also maybe they could be taken down to the ground a few plots, like 5-10? Without hurting the view for the hunters.

Put them on the ground …they still work the same

1 Like

I would love some spaceships. But im not building them!

You’ll get some bro, all in good time^^