Hunt School Needed

I don’t know enough about hunts to know what I don’t know. That said, I am putting out a call for the folks who do know about it to build a hunt school, something like the Welcome Center on Lacuna. Explain things like the differences in slingbows, grapples, etc. What your skills and abilities you really need for each tier of planet (something that will help new players ramp up from T3 to T6 without being overwhelmed or feeling incompetent). The pros and cons of each tier (without being polyannaish about your preferred type). The whole notion of “rank” on a bow or grapple. And all the other things I don’t know but should. Then, when publishing a hunt just send people to school to find out what is going to work best for the particular hunt. The school should be on a lower tier planet that doesn’t require protections so that you can spend time there learning even if your only protection would be food, which expires. It should offer the option of having hunt lobbies for guilds to use and maybe some kind of shopping facility for picking up those last minute needs as well as request baskets for getting rid of drops. Anyway, this is a suggestion that I hope somebody picks up on and goes with. I am sure there are Youtube videos on the subject but I am equally sure there are a lot of people like me that do better at taking their time and learning from actual text.

1 Like

I could do this on a creative world. I know how to do it, and best of all, in creative, i dont need to spend any money or materials!

2 Likes

The t3 hunts that brown town puts on are really good for introducing new players to hunting. They teach the basics and move a pace that new players can keep up with : )

3 Likes

Does anyone know if that farming school @Ayalla built is still up? Adding a few walls and putting up a hunting school would be excellent right next to that build. Sorta like a two for one deal for newer players.

Probably would require the same amount of space as there’s so many ways you could make your hunter build :sweat_smile:

This is a good idea. I’ll shove a building up in the next week to teach people how to hunt.

4 Likes

If i ever get a creative world, i’m making some schools on it.

1 Like