Hunter

@jesshyland Is it going to be implemented? I read a post that it was being worked on.

“Finally we’ve also been ploughing on ahead with our Hunter with a series of patrolling and attacking animations. Tune in next week where we’ll be able to update the animation Hunter dev post with the full set of animations. Until then, Jess has created the Tier 3 model of the Hunter in aptly themed Valentine’s day colours!”

5 Likes

OMG I want these!!! Boundless needs these

4 Likes

5 Likes

Also what about the Ground Basher’s?
boundless definitely needs more animals. And you guys have already invented them.

4 Likes

it seems like the last thing i heard… it was down to the AI… If i remember correctly, it was said that they could be put into the game immediately… as long as you didn’t mind them behaving like wildstock =P

3 Likes

I kinda wish that cuttletrunks behaved like wildstock. Can we make that happen?

My guess is the idea was abandoned. I am also basing this idea on no actually facts.

Whilst we’re asking creature questions: what about exotic creatures (are they still planned), and are creatures ever gonna get harder than the current tier 5s. Also, will there be elemental creatures for the special elements? :slight_smile:

I’m going to guess yes @willcrutchley , based on the “hunting worlds” they’ve mentioned.

That’s what I was thinking, but then again the current system is having a model per tier, and in their creature master sheets there are only 5 varients, as there are currently in game for each tier.

I don’t know for sure who is responsible for coding Ai, but I do know @jesshyland an artist, I don’t believe that she’s doing Ai too. That would be an incredibly versatile skill range if she does though!

forget ai’s. just having extra mobs to hunt other than 5 for an entire universe would be hugely appreciated. Maybe if the hunters came out at night only.

In fact it would be way more immersive if there is a night habitat and a day habitat. It would make it so much more realistic. I mean wildstocks and spitters have to sleep sometime right?

The behavior you are describing is considered a mobs Ai. Not in the sense of being massively intelligent, but simple behavior like day/night cycle behaviors, idle behavior, agression, path finding, etc.
Actually it’s not accurate to call those behaviors simple- it’s actually quite complex.
Without an ai, the mob would just sit there like a motionless statue, not even flinching when hit, or falling when slain. It would be about as fun as hunting grass.

If you mean slingbow induced sleep than yes, they sleep sometime.

I understand completely about Ai’s. I was just emphasizing that they can just stand there like a statue or if they clone another creatures Ai that already is implemented. If it gave me something else to shoot at.

Unfortunately, my only involvement with the Hunter was making the assets. We’re still wanting to add it to the game, but I can’t say when that will be. Creature AI is a complicated business, and we want the Hunter to behave in a more interesting way than just a reskinned Wildstock.

4 Likes

Awesome the keyword there for me is “wanting”, which means it’s not abandoned.

Thank you @jesshyland