Hunting lag

Hello, so I just wanted to mention on the forums that I will be cancelling the Wednesday night hunt on Valhalla Prime at 8pm est due to lag problems. Last night, I was opening portals for my hunt leader and was unable to hunt. Someone else had to take over my role and I was stuck grappled to the ground waiting for each meteor to be over so I could at least gather loot. This is not the first time this has happened to me. In fact it’s happened several times. To be clear, it is not my internet, nor is it my computer. That is not the problem. I know, because there were several people during the hunt that were having the same problems as I to different degrees.
“Unplayable Connection…exc” We’ve all seen it. This is what popped up in my screen last night LITERALLY every second during the meteor life. I was standing still and still getting lag…lol. I’ve been playing this game since 2018 I believe and there have always been some connection issues, but this is by far the worst. I, Toothless Fury, hunt leader have never cancelled due to lag.
I also realize some people never experience this problem and that’s awesome for you. I do hope though the devs take notice that there are people who can’t play the game because of rubberbanding, lag, portal connection, game crashes, etc.
Anyway, I figured it would hopefully be productive if I wrote something in the forums. FYI I do know that several of us wrote up support notice thingies so there should be some sort of record. Anyway, happy hunting to those of you with no lag.!~!!
Nalidragon

3 Likes

@Tiggs & @monty1 this has been a constant problem. Not sure if it’s a Server needs to be reset problem or hosting issue. I’ve noticed it does happen more to PSN players but Nali is a PC player.

3 Likes

this has also been happen to other hunts that are not vikings hunts so its not just a problem with servers our hunt planets are on.

2 Likes

Had this issue a few days ago on my T6 hunt. Seems like it’s an ongoing issue as I’vespoke to a couple hunt leaders that are also experiencingit as well… I put a report on the forum as well as email but have had zero response so far to either.

All I can suggest is everyone that was effected is to put an email into support. The more people that do it the higher chance it will get looked at and taken seriously.

It’s beyond lag it’s so bad the server latency adds to it. It’s unplayable.

It effects both PC and Playstation

3 Likes

Just for anyone who needs it…

5 Likes

My PC character has been pretty unplayable the last couple days. I continuously have unplayable connection and it kins me from the game.

2 Likes

thanks everyone for speaking up. I think it’s really important to let the devs know what kind of problems we are having in game so these things can be fixed hopefully. I am a PC player, and the issues isn’t only during hunts for me, it happens at my home base on storis 2 as well. sometimes i’ll get stuck running in place, or glitching, teleporting etc. and game crashing. It’s just a lot worse during the hunts.

2 Likes

I’ve been having connection issues since that umbris exo came out. I’m on PlayStation. Every few minutes I get unstable connection. :-1::-1:

1 Like

I had a message from Tiggs from my email on Monday. It’s been passed on to the team so they are aware.

Experienced it again this evening towards end of the hunt. Monday was T6 tonight was T3

4 Likes

We’re looking into it.

5 Likes