I broke the game again, sorta

in a nutshell, im rearranging the machines in my dwelling

i had six power cores lined up and hooked together via pipes, when i noticed that today for some reason (not sure if it was that way before)
even though there were pipes connecting everything some items didnt have spark option. so, i decided to put them in a different layout with more direct connections to the power cores.

there were as such
Power cores A B C D E F side by side with pipes along top

moving it to A B C _ E F D

with machines it will be M _ M _ M_ M
A B C _ E F D
M _ M _ M _M

where M are machins located above and below the power cores…

WELL, i cannot place D from between C and E to after F and connect the pipes.

And, On the bottom row, the M Above E is an extractor i believe, but when i place one that connects to the layout the game crashes. ill upload a pic in a sec

the first pic is where the game crashes when i place a machine (extractor) block

second picture is where i cannot place pipe to connect the sixth powercore which was originally in the gap shown between the power cores in the first picture

so,

removing the right two power cores and pipe allowed me to reset the middle one down, then reposition the two where they belong.

for some reason the gap in the lineup was causing me to crash when connecting a machine to it.

Maybe you are just making too much happen in 1 place at a time for the server or your client to handle?

or maybe you could try it out and see if you get the same issue

i was able to put it right back and it was fine as long as i removed the pipe and other cores first.

lol.

Are you able to provide an aerial and a side shot to show how the machines are arranged? We would like to recreate the same layout in order to reproduce the crash that you had experienced.

theyre horizontally placed

side by side, six in a row

[] [] < machines
[][][][][][] < cores
[] []^ [] < machines

like this essentially from the front
i put an ^ below the core i was trying to reposition and what caused the issue

i tried to move the core (the one with the arrow under it from the diagram above) to the new position represented by the letter {a} in the layout below. you can see that it creates a gap between the three cores on the left and three on the right in the middle row of []'s

[] [] < machines

• < pipes

[][][] [][]{a} <cores

•   < pipe

[] [] [] <machine

I could not then, place a pipe above {A} and attepting to place a third machine on the top row would crash the game if it connected to the pipe at all, with the first or last machine block.

the pictures i posted earlier show perfectly the problem and due to the construction layout you cant really get a full view. in the first pic you can see the cores, three on the left two on the right adjoined by pipes along the top of them. the machines are placed infront of the cores by one block, and above or below by one block. so essentially, looking at from the side, all you would see is

_______[machine] 
|

[ core]
|
_______[machine]

its like this side by side with a core between each core/machine combo since you cant place machines right next to another machine. there are two machines the top row three on the bottom.

i tried to move the fourth core in the row of six to where a seventh would go (creating the gap between them that you can see in the picture)

in one picture ( the first) im showing where i cannot place the machine without crashing
in the other (the second) im showing where i could not place any more pipe or machine

I think you’re having issues because you’re trying to exploit bugs without realising.

Last time I tried to place a power core it would only let me have one connected to the same group of pipes. I think that is by design although not sure why.

I’d really like to be able to stack spark from multiple power cores.

incorrect

we can stack them just fine,

however its the layout that gets buggy.

I DID put everything back the way it was:

and it worked just fine

six power cores lined up connected with no issues. i was just going for symmetry and it was borking itself somehow.

im thinking it has to do with the order in which theyre connected. once theyre connected in an order you cannot bork the order by moving one or the other. that is my personal guess.

to expound on this

@Wichall i mean that you need to place down each power core in order without pipes then connect them all with pipes then connect machines to it

i love how both of the players who arent devs who decide to chime in want to make it about something IM doing

lol

unfair guys

So you’ve never seen the message “this is already powered” or connected to a power core or something like that? Can’t remember exactly what it said

yes i absolutely have

And, ive also seen the message ‘this is blocked by a conflicting pipe’ when in fact there was nothing different about it. in fact in the second picture you can see where it was telling me that, the second pic in the op.

just because the game says that doesnt make it true.

im pretty sure we are intended to have multiple cores connected because it provides the slots in the UI which would likely not show up if it wasnt intended. also, it makes more sense so that we can have several pieces of coal / wood / w/e burning at once in the various cores.

If it wasnt meant to happen it would simply not let you place them next to themselves, like the other machines.

cant place machines side by side. can place cores.

also, nothing in the Dev’s first reply to me said anything about it not supposed to work like that, only that they would like to recreate the issue.

i think if it was a bug/exploit theyd have mentioned that right off, and or made them unconnectable

Chill out man, I’m trying to be helpful.

It seems we are now allowed to place multiple power cores - I’m not getting any error messages anymore.

The only time it won’t let me place a power core is if there is already a pipe in a neighbouring block (that should connect to the power core).

Seems pipes have to be placed last (if they’re connecting an already powered circuit to another core).

2 Likes

im chill. caps is just to grab attention not to yell.

ill modify the tone of my replies to be more sensitive. i forget sometimes that writing loses a lot of what is so great about human communication.

no worries

4 Likes

Okay, so we have managed to recreate the issue here. We will hopefully get a fix for this soon.

3 Likes

can you verify if we are or are not supposed to be able to chain x amount of cores?

if im doing something i shouldnt id like to know

I have 7 chained together with no bugs or issues so far. I only have a pipe going to one power core, and all cores touching. It seems like cores do not need to be wired in series. Instead, they can be lumped together much like storage shelves. Pic above as an example.