I cant launch boundless threw steam (Resolved)

Hey guys i need some help, boundless isn’t launching and i got it threw steam. Heres my watered down specs windows 7 home premium 64-bit sp1, amd fx-4100 quad-core processor, 16,)gb Ram, amd radeon R9 200 series, and i cant seem to find the boundless log file

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. Do you have Avast as your antivirus? Because it will quarantine Boundless logs

1 Like

ive unistalled boundless and installed it several times and as far as avast i only have the free version.

heck i even uninstalled/installed steam and even updated my amd drivers/windows 7

yeh disable your AV/add an exception to the firewall most AVs hate boundless (and some other Ea games) - i use windows defender as default (only for 10 that is i think) and when i tried joining the test server the other day took me a while it was because windows updates did not like boundless - told me to uninstall steam to complete the (windows) update - since then i can get on the testing server no worries (i did not have any issues with the stable version at all though)

ok thank you

I use free avast. Simply disable shields for 10 minutes before starting Boundless and you’ll be fine. Sometimes it still throws an error on you but then you try again and it will go on the second attempt.

i just disabled avast and i tried launching boundless no luck :frowning:

hopefully a dev/more tech involved person can reply? i suggest you do not keep trying (if you go past 2 hrs you cannot refund) - no offense there of course - it just not work with your system - but sounds like it should?

What is the exact error you get?

If you uninstall, temporarily turn off antivirus, download, and then every time you activate it, pause it as well, could that work ? I don’t know why antiviruses don’t like our dear boundless

no errors from boundless it just wont launch

and for the log/crash dump type %localappdata% in your windows search and look for Turbulenz in the list open that folder and you should find any logs there

No steam error either? Is your Boundless in steam showing “running” status after launch attempt at least for a moment? Is Boundless window opening at least for a second or two?

i am grateful for your help, ive been at it for two days now figuring out what im missing

it says its running and then syncing then it stops and doesn’t launch

I’ve been there done that and even had a week break because it wouldn’t launch. Some updates start causing problems then another week update runs fine.

This game looks awesome i just have the over hype to play it and now its kinda a let down :slight_smile:

Ok. I had that for a while. I had to uninstall steam including clearing all steam data from registry. If you decide doing that remember to back up your apps and screenshot etc user files.

After that I installed Boundless as first and I still need to disable avast when playing testing version but it runs.

@james got any input? @vdragon ? Of course it’s probably quite early in the morning or something like 1:00 right?