I couldnt play for almost 1 year - now I feel lost

Hey folks,

I couldnt play for almost or more than 1 year because I had a throttled 4G traffic volume Internetconnection.
Now, I got a better stable connection and I want to play again. But the game feels a bit “too complicated” to me. I have no idea where to start. I did this tutorial with the new portal technique. Its pretty awesome. But I have 0 ideas how to craft all those new things and how these systems work. Are there beacon tokens now ingame? Can we place them? Are there friend and Guild tokens ingame? where are the bouncy pads? What happend to grappling hook?

2 Likes

Have you tried the new tutorial?

I don’t think you can access it with your current character. Maybe try creating a new character and playing through the tutorial to learn all the new features in the game.

1 Like

thanks alot, I see there is a new tutorial which shows me almost everything

But 1 question. As far as I can see, noone beaconed the place i am atm. But it was marked with a STAR.
Can you explain what those stars mean? Because I dont want to grief someones place.

2 Likes

you may know this already but if not it is the games best rescorces. boundlescrafting.com will tell you about every block, recipe, skill, planet, and so much more.

2 Likes

The star represents a settlement, and suggests that there is a collection of plots with at least 10,000 prestige points there. Prestige is the metric used to determine the score of a settlement, with the highest prestige settlement on a planet being the capital of that planet. This will be more relevant later, but for now it’s all just bragging rights.

2 Likes

if ya want you can use a starter room in aquatopia its conected to moebius plaza and with all mayor hubs plus lots off people around to ask questions :smile: the room can be kept or given back plus ill give you some tools if ya join :smile:
AQUATOPiA (log due street work finished) more homes for free :)
MOEBIUS PLAZA its christmas soon so we got a tree

Is there any kind of block which lets me place water?

I want to recreate my castle (lost?) on a lake (maybe handcraftet or I find one?)

I dont find any blocks which are similiar to the ones I used above. Any tipps?

3 Likes

there are a few water source blocks floating around for example the devs gave some out for prizes during the last @Cookviper competition but nothing you can just go out and find.
the stone you used in the build above is no longer in the game. i would recomend sedimentry stone and brick. that will be the closest thing i can think of.

It was a nice castle. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

GREY GRAVEL
GREY BRICKS
AND SILVER AND METAL BLOCKS
SORRY caps lol seems doable you can find a lake everywhere
i think you can get it all copyd
try look at some big shops to see what choices there are
also this place Builders Museum - The Sand Box

1 Like

The old style bricks have been replaced with smaller, higher detailed Metamorphic Stone Brick.

I am not sure. But it feels a bit, like the “new system” is just there to slow me down. I was digging mud for over an hour yesterday while every 5-10 minutes a aggro mob tried to tackle me down. I can remember when they implemented the first mob. And I still dont get, why mobs can spawn inside my beacon. And I still feel like, there is unlimited mud where I wanted to build. Is that really intended? I feel like the “crafting process” would take ages. My beacons (+50%?) feel super small. I am always like “dig, level up, plot, dig, level up, plot”. I think i am trying to do a fresh start and looking for a lake or smth like else. But atm I feel like the game just wants to slow down my fun. It feels like the game doesn’t give you space to breath. In the old Oort Online, I was exploring the map. I met people outside. I had fun. But now it feels like a super cold world where noone wants to be in.

It’s a bit crazy with mobs now. I’m on Therka doing some basic things around my builds and there is spitter infestation. I’m higher level so I kill them easily or I can ignore them for a while cause they can’t harm me much. But I was thinking that it can be too much for a new player with little HP and basic or no sling.

So, I agree it’s not like it should like on a home world when you are getting started.

As for mud - well, travel around to look for nicer place to build. There are plenty places where clearing for your builds gets you useful materials, not mud.

2 Likes

Yeah, listen to him, don’t build over ice mountains, it’s a pain to have tons of ice haha

if you find me in my village or on moebius plaza i have crazy dig skills
try find me before my diamond shovel breaks and i have to find a new one :slight_smile: also my place is pretty social try link up to our shops and builds
theres always someone to talk to there