I just opened an umbris coffer in sanctum and the game ate my cubits

3 minutes ago (2:08 est)
On my character dkhunting

When you log out and back in or leave the sanctum it should give them to you. Opening chest in sanctum is bad. Could have sworn when we started our characters it mentions not opening them in sanctum.

Remember being in sanctum is essentially off the server therefore server side changes won’t happen properly

The button to open coffers should be greyed out in the sanctum in that case!

1 Like

True. But this is talked about like once a month it seems like. So I would think people who frequent the forums would have seen this pop up. Plus not on a server so why try doing things that affect the server.

I did it once and got xp when I entered a world online.

It actually showed negative points, cause I had defeat penalty active lol.

You can’t eat food in sanctum so why can you open coffers, especially if it’s bugged? Seems an easy fix. Hope the cubits show up, they didn’t with a logout and log back in.

1 Like

I wouldn’t really call it a bug. Doing a server side change when not on the server. But I agree that it shouldn’t be allowed to be done. Guess they figure the one warning we get about it at some point(tho maybe the warning is only about color change on character) and the fact that opening a coffer is a server side thing we would know not to do that in the sanctum.

The reason nothing updates in sanctum is…
You are in stasis (frozen in time) :wink:.
Cubits update when you leave.

I don’t disagree with anything you said. I just think the onus should be on the game to prevent any action that results in unexpected/problematic behaviour!

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is at the root of my recent problem as I’ve opened chests both in and out of the sanctum, after confirming several times that the cubits are added on entering a world I stopped worrying about it.

This is probably a good suggestion though, TBH I don’t remember ever seeing anyone mention it though this conversation comes up on occasion.

I know ive tried collecting coffers before in sanctum and it wouldnt let me? Was quite a while ago though, like 4+ months… maybe something was re-introduced in the meantime that allows it in theory at least… agree it should tell you that it ain’t possible

My cubits did not get added upon entering a world.

Did you submit a log just after this occurred?

I’m on PS4, don’t know if I can.

Sounds like it’s easily reproducible though.

The cubits did show up after a day. Unfortunately I forgot in my excitement that I was saving up for a skill page on this character and I stupidly spent my cubits on plots as soon as they appeared. Doh!

I’ve not been able to reproduce the issue so far, the cubits were added for me upon stepping out onto a world.

On PS4 you can open Main Menu -> Support. On the Report tab, you should have some options available here.

Good to know!

the game wants to eat cubits.
boundless: NOM NOM NOM NOM
devs: fix time my little boundless!
boundless: not now i’m eating meh cubits
edit: Boundless: forget about my cubits, its ppl playing me’s cubits!

1 Like