I quit playing Boundless

please remove this post / my reply not Kirinvar’s

It is easy to be passionate about the game but remember the community comes first and foremost.
“Love not war…craft”

3 Likes

I had not read what I posted clearly, I meant my post not Kirinvar’s. I had not read it as indicating I wanted his removed, but reading it again, I see what you thought I meant

Ok, PLEASE PEOPLE. Don’t start bashing each other.

I just wanted to mention that I have stopped playing Boundless. Thats all !

I did not want to disappear all of a sudden while leaving you all in the dark, so I created this post.

For me the building aspect (nice look of blocks and perfect set of chisels) was the reason I started playing Boundless as I like to build large things. Seems the MMO part has ruined it for me… and that is OK !

When own hosted servers are a thing, I will start playing Boundless again as then I can tweak the configuration of the server the way I like to play Boundless.

(Let’s not get all unfriendly towards each other, it is just a game…)

6 Likes

@SWProzee1 nobody’s bashing anyone more defending their opinion. You were a big community member (in game) but feels like you bought the wrong game from the start if the mmo aspect is what’s getting to you. At this stage it is a little more than a game to most it’s an investment of time / effort and we all wanna leave our little mark on the boundless universe nothing wrong with that :slight_smile: Look forward to seeing your take on how the game should be configured in the future and wish ya well. Ya will be missed

9 Likes

Well said @Glychi.

4 Likes

Hope to see you at full release. Keep on Rockin!

Thx, but I will make some worlds for my own hosted server. So I am afraid you will not see me on public servers anymore.

Also, I cleaned up a lot so others can take that space. And gave some goodies to players so they can use them (like gem tools, green/orange/purple gleam, water and lava buckets, many oort shards, etc). Moebius got a few plots for his plaza, and I filled up @Dr8cK0’s beacon on Munteen as it was almost without fuel.

5 Likes

On Septerfon you left all the beacon controls and plots so players can’t reuse the space.

1 Like

I am not done yet.

2 Likes

I kind of hope it stays and there is some presence of @SWProzee1 in the game. He released many other spots on the planets but something in the middle of a lake maybe he can keep…

I think this was a perfect example of how the game is not designed well for player asset transfer or how community will be affected if people either leave or in the case of @SWProzee1 take a very long break from the game. They shouldn’t be forced to give things back because people want to use that space or “hate moving their shop” or want that location for themselves.

I know everyone is gun-ho for community but there are many people that are not nice or will do things that make the game less enjoyable. I really fear when we go live that we will have worse situations because of griefers or other people that just don’t care. At least Pro did his best to make the game its best.

We will have people that lock landscape down and sell the resources at a very high price. We will have people that will put a plot down to block something but then use it in some way to make excuses on why it is not griefing. You will have someone that will have more plots than you and move into your town and take it over via prestige and then name it some dumb name just because they are now the mayor!

We probably need a lot more work to protect from this or a balance to let people play in a more protected way.

1 Like

Thank you for loading up the beacon. You will be missed. I have been busy and on vacation. I need to remove builds also.