I quit playing Boundless

Hi all,

Just a little notification that I have decided to quit playing Boundless.
The last update where we no longer get skill points beyond level 50 has ruined it for me. And I don’t see the point in having multiple alts having different specializations.
I liked Boundless before that update.

Besides that update, there is another thing that I really don’t like and that is the fact that DEVS are not doing anything against obvious trolls.

So I will wait for the release of ‘own hosted servers’ so I can setup my own server to tweak Boundless the way I liked it.
That way I can also deal with the trolls myself !

For now I will start being a Creativerse tester to see if that fits my needs better.

Seeya !

4 Likes

You’ll be missed…

on the good side there is one less person that looks like my character in the game. I won’t feel like I’m looking in a mirror… Just completely teasing you there which I have to do because I’m so sad you made the decision to move on. Much love…

2 Likes

Sad Day :sob:

1 Like

Good luck @SWProzee1

1 Like

se ya laterz friend pop in sometimes to say hi

2 Likes

I’ve done the whole creataverse thing and while there are some cool aspects and features it’s hugely lacking in the MMO area. I wanna play with and around other players, many players. But you’ll definitely enjoy it. :grin: I did when I played.

5 Likes

see ya, hope you have fun with Creativerse.

2 Likes

I will missU

2 Likes

I don’t quite see why you are just quitting. How about just take a break for an update or two. The game is constantly changing and being balanced. The next feature update is going to readjust skills anyway, and I’m sure it’ll be better. Just straight-up quitting over the reasons you are giving doesn’t make much sense to me and shows that you have other issues with the game, or that you are simply tired of it in general.

Regardless… farewell.

5 Likes

Pendragon you have to read the posts about skill progression past 50 to really understand his why. As well as the ones around the trolling of red gleam.

2 Likes

This was never a thing though. The update didn’t change that. Plots changed, sure, and max skill points may have gone down some for legacy players, but that is a balance thing that can be adjusted with feedback. But the skills after 50 issue was never a thing. I find it a damn shame that you would let so many other players down whom had built up built up around your many public works over a premise that never existed.

What, may I ask, do you plan to do with your existing builds? Allow them to burn out and expire? Entrust them to a caretaker? And the portals? Perhaps it is time for somebody else to step in and assume the mantle.

This is especially puzzling to me. Because last I figured, (and I believe you are referring to the recent red gleam and road blocking incidents) the community was in reluctant agreement that this was in fact not actionable behavior. It was learned that different approaches to world design were needed to prevent the red gleam behavior, and that beacons need somethingto help contact plot owners to negotiate moving plots. Trolls or not, you can’t expect the devs to step in to swat away all the players that cause you minor annoyances. As you said, you can be as authoritarian as you want on your own private little world, but public play allows for all manners of play styles and freedom to put your plot down anywhere that is not already claimed by others. That is not something that has ever changed since you joined, so it’s a shame that you feel your fun is ruined as a result of that, too.

No doubt you are upset about a great many things. But if your hoping that announcing your (temporary?) retirement will somehow change that, then I guess I totally misjudged you, because I thought you enjoyed being a part of this community. I didn’t realize it was all about yourself.

23 Likes

This is one of the points being made by @Xaldafax. If you have to depend on others for something critical to your build due to a lack of plots and they leave the game for any reason (family or their health, job change or just tired of the game), you risk everything you have built. Things happen in the real world that are beyond our control and those can effect us here in the boundless world. Especially when someone who has developed critical infrastructure or built all your roads or protected your lake or trees, leaves. With his hub build requiring 5000 plots, less those that are other peoples shops and we could do it without the roof, who has the plots to take it over? It did not need to be the size it was, but it sure was pretty.

The things I believe will happen as a result of this shutdown. More portals not fewer, everyone will want to protect themselves from this happening in the future. New players that were depending on the network and do not have the skills or resources to make their own portal will suffer until a new one is built or they move to a new location (more abandoned builds). Players may be less likely to trust other players to stick with the game over time.

This is certainly not going to destroy the game. But it will be painful for some people for a time until the community compensates. And even if someone does pick up the mantle and we come to depend on them, who is to say we will not go through this again if they leave the game. It is always a risk to depend on others for your success in a game. Some people are more risk averse than others and do not want to risk the time and effort they put into a build on something like this happening to them.

4 Likes

I’ve read all of it.

1 Like

last i checked… friends with permissions can add fuel to beacons/portals… still this takes planning and forethought… it would be nice if portals and beacons could be fueled by anyone… allowing players to keep them alive even when the owner has gone inactive…

3 Likes

I know of at least 2 or 3 other portal networks that span the universe.
They are not new, they may be even older.
Sorry, but no one is irreplaceable. The world is constantly changing.

This reads more like an argument against someone having 5000+ plots and becoming so dominant?
The uneven plot distribution is an artefact of the development version. When plots are more evenly distributed in 1.0 this would not be a problem.

No offense, but I see you two enter every topic and trying to possess it for your cause.
I feel you. I also want to build big, but this is not going to help your stand.

4 Likes

@Kirinvar “Sorry, but no one is irreplaceable. The world is constantly changing.”
So what my mumma told me was a lie? Say it isn’t so Kirinvar!!! I thought i was special :frowning:

But agreed no one is irreplaceable and the plot thing is relic of a forgotten dev build so we shouldn’t get too hung up on loosing a community hub rather a community member.
Although those who leave us over time will be missed may we all take comfort in the words of Morty “Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody’s going to die.”

7 Likes

I’m with @Kirinvar on this one. Also big builds haven’t been tackled yet. When guilds come building together will be regulated.

I think we’ll see SWProzee1 sooner than later.

5 Likes

Come back son :sob:

Sorry to see you go, I am a newbie but in the little interaction I had with you, you are a stand up guy. Hope you will be back soon.

1 Like

NOOooooooo … !!! :cry::sob: