I think mining is in a good place right now, fight me

Mining was never an issue. The only two problems with ‘Mining’ is the Materials to craft Tools above Stone level, and that they made Bomb Mining fun, let it run for a while, had people making lots of money and progress of it, then removed it without warning.

Worse yet, they didn’t punish those that did use it, removed all the gems or items created by it, or even wipe the whole game at that point and made everyone start over.

The rich are still rich, and anyone that didn’t do it or came to the game after it was removed are told by the devs ‘Bunch of idiots, should have did it when you could’.

1 Like

I’m just salty that I didn’t create more bricks for my build before the recent changes

2 Likes

Gold and silver tools should have aoe in them. Two blocks the one you hit and the one below it. All I’m saying.

On average im seeing 30 gems per hour using titanium tools …

That does not make sense to me. That implies people will play x hours and then quit once they have a completed workshop with all machines tied into max power coils. So how come there are so many players with over a thousand hours in game? Not because they still do not have power coils. So they must be playing the game to build, craft, engage with the community, hunt, or something else.

1 Like

Personally i don’t want to spend 6 hours per day to gathering the gems lol
I will see if the game will improve the mining in future.

Currently, I choose other contents i enjoy more until i burn out and leave the game.

2 Likes

@Spoygg lives for the grind. He mines diamond hammers in his sleep, and will hollow out an entire planet in the process.

1 Like

That’s when I throw on Spotify and smoke some good cannabis and it turns into a grand ol’ time.

1 Like

Sorry, I had to stop reading after this line. What exactly are you basing this assumption on? I can afford gem tier forged tools, and I use them often, but I still use my swift silver on the regular.

1 Like

Can’t argue with that :joy:

On topic, I just don’t feel there is an issue with hammer mining, the only issue is if you don’t enjoy it. I always found mining extremely relaxing activity, since my starter Minecraft days. It was always fascinating to me. What needs to happen is people to understand that in this MMO you actually can do only things you like (well maybe not currently but we’re getting there), you don’t have to mine heavily if you don’t like it. Do something else, sell, buy stuff you need. Make a fairly nice build in high traffic area you’ll get at least couple of thousand coins daily, buy stuff you need. Same goes for hunting/gathering.

And don’t be in much hurry, this Universe is gonna last for long long time :wink:

3 Likes

I am sure mining looks ok for you lvl 50 with max everything but for other people it is a JOKE of mindless boring bs that leads to very little rewards…

bomb mining needs to be brought back period!

Ok, it’s probably not fair to say they’re useless, What I mean by this is it’s a poor investment of materials, It’s not markedly stronger then Iron or durable enough to really fit in anywhere.

It has it’s uses sure, but for me the silver is best spent on alloy for the coils right now, as I need a lot of it and it is also sometimes difficult to find.

I am level 50 on one toon, and without 8/8 power 5/5 bonus, 8/8 luck and 8/8 dexterity + hammer mastery 5/5, hammer epic and damage epic and of course energy epic, I wouldn’t even think of mining on T5+, and when you add 8/8 agility that is really useful for hammer mining… that gives you 60 skill points (3 in your chosen protection). So at least lvl 30, and that’s pure mining toon, without health, control (range bonus) or zeal.

With old style bomb mining, 4 iron bombs per hole, you could get away without dexterity and agility, and without hammer mastery and epic. That’s 26 points less. that’s 13 levels less.

So I agree, if you want to balance game for lvl 50 toons, then go ahead, experiment with nerfing and buffing with shovel, but if game hast to balanced for still levelling toons too, then you nerf and buff with a spoon.

I use gold for fists, spanners, and grapples. Silver goes mostly to titanium alloy.

You need to be at most lv 12 to max out all the skills needed for mining that’s 8 in power. 10 in hammer mastery plus the epic. And 5 for the damage epic. Past that you need hammers, and if you have money or materials for bombs you certainly have money for hammers so no.

Edit: apologies forgot about dex. Which helps with action speed. So that’s LV 16.

I’m still level 30-something, not sure what is the logic behind “you need level 50 for mining”, there is not that much skills that are relevant to mining to need 100 skill points just for that.

Same logic can be applied to anything, I tried forging, you need specialized char for that, I find it boring and won’t do it ever. I’ll buy forged goods when I’m into that and that’s it. Fact that I can’t do it with my miner/gatherer skill set doesn’t mean I think it’s broken.