I too must say adieu!

YEP I saw this coming a loooong time ago! really sad!!!

2 Likes

TO clarify…

If you created a US-East character and only the EU-central servers are up. It would appear to the US-EAST player that the PTR server is down. I had to create another character and Only EU-Central was selectable. So I wasn’t incorrect stating it was down but I was not aware that only one server was up. Hope this helps shed some light on the situation.

1 Like

Larky popped me an invite to the discord. Much luck to you on this adventure. Excited to see it when it comes to availability. Will keep tabs there to see its progress.

1 Like

All the speculation in this post and yet here it is still getting new players. We still had all the events you mentioned wouldn’t happen again. It’s honestly people that make posts like this that make a game fail. I’ll keep on playing boundless and if one day I turn it on and it’s gone I guess I’ll find a different game. Until then I’ll stay positive and not talk ■■■■ about the game. The more people that stay will make the new people want to stick around too. Hopefully you’ve found what you’re looking for I guess.

9 Likes

Indeed! Ignorance is bliss.

1 Like

Oddly… I never considered myself a victim even though I still play I even bought Gleam Club again recently. Was it the smartest thing to do? Maybe not, but I would much rather try and continue supporting the people that still play the game and the new players. I don’t think of my Gleam club payment going to James as much as I feel it is going to support the community that is still there.

Not everyone that plays the game still or speaks positively of the game is ignorant … thinking they are is however.

6 Likes

After taking a 2 month break, I came back, bought 3 months of gleam club and a sovereign. I’m having fun again, even with the inevitable drama.

8 Likes

I will never call you an idiot as I agree with many of your posts. The one I will always disagree with is that the current players are ignorant. While not all players are educated on the past promises or upcoming updates or missing content… that doesn’t make them ignorant, nor does it make them victims. I would be willing to bet you had a good amount of hours in the game. I would even venture to say they were enjoyable hours… wouldn’t you want other gamers to have that same enjoyment?

2 Likes

@Redlotus
@Eponymous

You two seem to be going back and forth. While I believe you’re referring to very new players, I started about two years ago because a friend thought I would like it. I only joined the forum in the past two weeks, so I feel my situation is pertinent.

I love the game and the community. And I knew going in that all games that run on someone else’s server will always, one day, die.
What I didn’t know was that there could be titans or melee weapons in the future, which was very exciting until I also learned about the trouble with the devs. None of this was promised to me, so I don’t feel like anything has been taken away. I still love the game and want to keep going. But I will be incredibly sad when the servers shut down.
Sure, I was ignorant to the specifics, but I think anyone who plays an MMO knows there’s a time limit on it somewhere.

10 Likes