I will stop forging for

The traditional AH model gives you anonymity, your sell order (shop stand) is one in a pile of others and the buyer just selects the best suited one. That’s part of why I’m interested in if it’s a problem with other things as well, maybe it’s a discoverability problem, since forged and some other items aren’t so easy to find right now.

What confusion would it solve? I think they’re crucial for someone wanting to sell everything after a hunt for example :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s something people get used to here quickly. It’s not a realistic economic mechanism though, or honestly after some thinking on this over the past couple of years, something I’ve encountered an analog to in any other RPG-style game I’ve ever played. Which is obviously not all-inclusive I don’t play a lot of games.

I’ve got some pressing stuff offline today though and won’t derail this thread further into that. Perhaps later this evening I’ll post more of my thoughts on the matter, which I’ve really only discussed in some discord chats in the past.

True, when I had a batch of hammers forged and they were all sold out in 10 minutes people would come over and tell me that my hammers are sold out. That does give pressure to make more.
But it is a never ending story.

If my selling plinth is empty, then so be it. If they are unlucky to live in the US and always miss out on the items, then I cannot help that.

When it started feeling like a full time job I just had to stop.

1 Like

What is the traditional AH model?

It used to be common to see “shop restocked on (day/month/year)” signs in shops, that’s one way to take pressure off.

A place where people congregate to trade their stuff, usually just a window to browse all the offerings and make your own, so like BUTT but with actual functionality. There are no shop stands, just a list of stuff currently for sale/buy which you can add to, there are no expectations about the people putting stuff on that list, nobody cares who’s selling what, as long as the business gets done. Different from when physically walking in to a store.

1 Like

awesome thx

No problem @the-moebius if you have a warranty item as well then just hand it over to me so I can forge you a new one.

Closed at OP’s request.