Ice shoes

Can we have a boon or quirk that gives us grip on the ice? Every bean collectors best friend…

6 Likes

Ooof I’ll pass! I rely on the ice dot skid across as I whackamole a bunch of those flowers and keep sliding past the mobs.

But it’s actually a cool idea. I wonder if maybe since it would add traction if a side effect would mean you move slower as a result, since it takes time to dig your ice shoes and get a firm footing before plowing forward. :joy: that could be quite amusing.

Wait so you’re saying you’re faster on the ice? Am I doing it wrong? :rofl:

I’d just take shoes at this point… preferably boots.
I could see usefulness of this as a quirk or boon of sorts, however.

1 Like

There’s no one way to play! For me I run /grapple/slide and hack them as I go by. The mob aggro aside, if I have the time to farm bitters I just try to get in and out as quick and beat I can, which leads to a more aggressive grinding style. I also die a lot so that should be taken in to the equation but since dying doesn’t impact your gear it’s a non issue when it happens.

1 Like

There is something on testing:

Though I’m pretty sure it’s not planned to go live with the next patch.

In the meantime, just keep jumping!

6 Likes

Ohhhhh :eyes: that’s even better

Grab a slow-mo loot stick to help with this for now.

Less sliding while you’re gathering in a specific area and boosted sprint speed for travel to the next.

Personally I’m more likely to use a mega fast on ice. I can turn and "scramble back"more quickly and the acceleration isn’t as slow. Will definitely try a Sticky Brew if it comes around though!

1 Like