Idea for crafting

I would like to have some way to indicate visulay what item im crafting in the machine. right now i have to check all machines to see whats in them or i have to be werry organised. but eavent thats is hard to get to look good.

how about to show the 3d model of the item crafting show in fist glow square that

19 Likes

Is the info on the screen not good enough? I find it easy enough with good interaction range I stand in my machine room and can quickly check whats crafting just turning around and aiming at machines.

It would look nice to have a 3D model displayed somewhere, however machines (the fact they are entities, plus addition of cords, spark core, animation of wear etc) are already heavy enough on performance so I’m not sure adding more here would be desirable. Devs would know better though.

1 Like

info screen ?? waht you mean ?

anyway if its text its usles for me, i think every one have diffrant ways of identifying whats what and text is somthing that i as dyslexic have hard time to decode. and use the visuals as a first way of decoding. and i probly have to force my self to read signs otherwise i wont eaven read it :stuck_out_tongue:

for one example on the workbench i use the circle saw (3d model) as an identifyer but many other players ive asked uses the colur. but i think thats boring cus i cant realy conect the color with waht the machine do. i guess thats how i work. but i think there must be more than me uses visual identifyers before text.

i was more after to identify what im crafting or the first finnished item. if you need more computer port mabe just be able to turn that of in settings. right now im running fine with all the shops stands

3 Likes

I think Vir’s suggestion is a very good one, which will definitely improve everyone’s experience. And it doesn’t look like a very time-consuming feature either :slight_smile:

sorry, I meant text in the middle of the screen - usual entity information when you interact with/aim at objects/people/creatures etc.; when aiming at a crafting device that is working it displays what is being crafted and in wht quantity and time left:

the downside of it is the white text that can be hardly visible against certain background colors

As I said, I don’t dislike the idea of graphical representation of what is crafted, I only wondered if you knew about the info already available, since you said:

…and it sounded to me like you are clicking on every single machine to check what it is crafting, while hovering over them with your cross-hair is enough to quickly remember whats going on in them.

i see my problem maybe i dont have the skill for it :slight_smile:
i think still think visals is important

I would really love to see a visual for what the machine is crafting!!

1 Like

or this robot voice going:

currently crafting… plinth…
quantity… 50…
ready in… 25 minutes…

:joy:

The entire point of Virresss’ point is that we don’t want to HAVE to open up every machine to look at the info screen. We want to be able to walk into our crafting room and be able to see at a glance what every machine is crafting without having to walk up to each of them, hit E and look at the info screen.

EDIT: Nm. I see you were referring to the HUD text when you are looking at the machine. Even still, that requires you to be pretty close to the machine and it’d be very convenient to just see the 3D model from a distance.

1 Like

thats exactly what i meant !

and you dont have to - its visible at a glance

it depend on how many machines you have. i have about 100 + dont realy want to count but its alot so it woutl be nice to see whats crafting without using the text.

and there its another reason i think if there is a change players might use all the 4 blocks instead of just compact it in to the smales area thay can.

As I said before, I am not against the idea. I like it.
It’s just I had a feeling you didn’t know there was a message available without interacting with machines. It is difficult to read sometime because of background color and its not ideal. Sure I would prefer an image myself.

1 Like