Ideas what i could do?

Become one of the first portal hub panhandlers.

Sit at a hub when people show up shout

“Spare coins for a poor citizen?” :rofl:

(Also word of advice, you don’t have to sell cheap, when I want to buy something I don’t always go for the cheapest shop. If I find someone with large quantities of the item I want and it’s even 5-10c higher per item I will go buy it instead of running around for 30mins to buy small amounts.)

6 Likes

I also do this I always need large quantities of blocks normally buy whoever has the most instead of running around

3 Likes

You might not be mining in very good locations if you can’t make profit on a 8k hammer.

Today on my lunch break, I spent 20 minutes mining topaz and got over 400 of them. Some shops buy topaz for between 35 and 40c each. That means between 14k and 16k can be made from those gems. I also got iron, coal, fossils and tech components, devices and remnants which is additional income. So for an 8k hammer, which hardly got much use, I am already in profit in a 20 minute mining session. There’s plenty life left on that hammer, so the total potential earnings is substantially greater.

3 Likes

I thank you for the many nice answers.
Well, let’s see, maybe. it’s just a bad phase for me because of my bipolar depression disorder. I think I hope to find something. Maybe it will really be a shop with building blocks. Let’s see, because for that I need start-up capital again, well, let’s see.

O sorry for that comment the other day with u seeming to be a bit more negative if I had know it was like that I would have been more sensitive

1 Like

I don’t understand how that happened.

On galan you can very very easily get 500 topaz (and way more on some sovereigns) per hammer.

Then with that there’s at least 100 large fossils.

Not including the metric ton of iron and tech components that should pay at least:

500x35(35 is low and I get 40ish) 17500 from topaz
100 fossils is 50ea .

That’s 22500 on a truly average/bad run and doesn’t count probably an absolute minimum of 5k in other bits.

All I could guess is you either don’t have the right build for mining or aren’t mining the right spots to lose money mining.

2 Likes

All good. Some of my contributions are also very provocative, which is due to my disturbances, drepessionen, anxiety disorders and compulsions - which should by no means be an excuse for it and I also don’t want to generate pity.

Not pity just don’t want to say something that could be rude I might just decide to phrase it differently as a way of not being offensive even if u arnt offended others might be
Like people talking about my dad that died more so offends those who don’t even part of it :rofl::rofl:

I have a little shop specifically for mats I never use. Early on I was pricing them somewhat high, because I don’t gather enough to keep stuff stocked, and I was still selling out of beans, oort shards, and trophies.

Some people are willing to pay a little more for something if they can get a lot in one place. I’d say start with higher prices until you have a lot of stock then lower them gradually.

1 Like

I’ll be honest though, even with building I’ve been in need of some kind of in-game outlet to keep me immersed and motivated.

I’ve been going through this process recently where I don’t feel like building so I think if I go to the tnt hub something will catch my interest. Not really sure what I’m expecting, maybe for someone to be standing in there like “I want someone to follow me to my build!” Or something. I do always hope someone I know is there so I can follow them around like a little dog, but that’s been happening less and less. So then I’ll think about hopping through some portals to explore builds solo but almost always end up looking at all the sovereigns I’ve been to then going back to my build to stand there and do nothing.

2 Likes

I hear you here on the issues with game blocks coming along with mental health stuff. It can be very tough when at a low point to find motivation or even enjoyment. After my mom died in Feb, I had some weeks there where I couldn’t find any enjoyment in anything… first time I found myself enjoying myself after it was on a Rift exo around a month or so after. No easy answers but from my own experience, jumping into a game and doing something can at least be a good distraction and in my own case sometimes helps my mind from wandering into some really bad places. Enjoyment can’t be forced, but sometimes it CAN sneak up on you, if you give it opportunities. Best wishes to you for healing and happiness.

6 Likes

Should I want to run a shop. What would make sense there? There are already lots of cement and marble businesses and prices that I as an individual would never manage without making a loss. What would you like to see in stores? then what are you willing to pay? - I don’t want to get rich, but I have to be able to afford tools and possibly raw material. How many and which portal hubs do I have to be connected to so that who can come to me?

If you can take the time to keep a shop fully stocked with a variety of goods, you can price higher as a convenience fee.

For example, Mostly Marble at DK Mall Open again! prices their marble at 17c, which is more than high enough based on my calculations using BUTT prices. Yes, BUTT says the market price for marble is ~10c, but because this shop has a wide variety of colors with lots of each option, they can price a little higher.

If I want marble, I’ll go to one of the two or three marble shops that keep good inventory before I even check BUTT. Same with any other colored good. If I need plants or leaves, I’ll go to Ki’Rin Co. - Thousands of new Desert Sword in Stock! because I know I can find stuff there, and I’m not looking at the price. I’m just buying because I know they are the most likely place to find the color I want.

3 Likes

You should build in the further mall

1 Like

here is something no one suggested yet:

gather goo
recent exos had a very good amount of goo on them, gather that and sell it to baskets .
you get about 3 seeds per plant and on good planets you have low ceiling layered caves which make it super easy to gather . i gather them with an aoe IRON axe , so the tool cost is quite low on it.
while i gather goo i also hit fossils i see and boulders and plants.
today i gathered 11 ss of goo in 5 h and got 2ss of saltpeter fragments and 2 ss of sweet beans (ok that was a first for me that an exo had sand in a cave which made oortian staffs grow down there)
and a ss of fossils , also some coal .
and most exos also have petrolim in the caves that you can grab while in there so take a liquid breaker with you .kindling and combustion amount depend on the planets.
all in all a goo-d way to make money

8 Likes

Wait, there isn’t? Huh, I’ve got a bunch of different ones already…

Guess I’ll make a “Brick & Mortar” store somewhere. :thinking:

1 Like

Correct. There are apparently thousands of shops with decorative items or blocks, it will be difficult to find a gap in the market and, above all, as an individual, to be able to run the business with diversity and mass.

1 Like

I don’t really build or play much with other people, but I’d still be plenty able to run a store, if I ever tried. Going to a mall to set up really makes it easier to get customers.

Diversity and such wouldn’t be an issue either, believe me. Doesn’t take too much to get set up.

1 Like

When you feel like you need a purpose in game but find it hard to fight the negativity of your own demons or the self imposed restrictions you place on yourself (I am familiar with these also)
There is another option, which is take advantage of the unique social aspect of this game and instead spend your time putting a smile on someone’s face.
Be it helping to clear out some land, finding something they need, showing them some useful shops or just some friendly advice.
You might find this style of game play more nurturing for your mental health and rewarding at the same time.
Just a suggestion, eitherway I hope you find an activity you can enjoy.

6 Likes

Thank you for the understanding, encouraging and kind words.

4 Likes