If Gleambow happens

My hope is this becomes a wish list for changes big and small to Gleambow.

If Gleambow happens next week, I would like to see the event on Tier 1 worlds with the embarrassing defeat mechanic. The player(s) would still have to break 50% or more blocks within the time limit to win the event.

An added benefit would be that hunting dormant meteors would be desirable as most Tier 1 planets do not have gleam. The dormant gleam and glass meteors would be highly sought after.

7 Likes

those changes sound kinda interesting to me. how would you gain embarrassment? even if those changes don’t happen, I just really hope we can still get gleambows next week.

The winter Oortmas meteors events on Tier 1 worlds have spitters that shoot snowballs and every hit adds a level of embarrassment as a debuff. Eventually, it sends you to the sanctum and you loose the event if your embarrassment gets too high. Essentially, it maintains the non aggressive aspects of a Tier 1 world while providing a fun event.

Maybe for this one it would be a ball of suds?

Edit: corrected a typo

Can they be :potato:s instead :sweat_smile: or maybe :cookie:s

I was thinking more like a Green Brew that just makes you stumble when it hits you. Suds seems more open to interpretation.

What’s wrong with cuttle trunks making you fly?

Sign me up! :beers:

1 Like

It would kill players on a Tier 1 planet. I personally like it but it may not be a desired mechanic as Oortmas is non lethal

Well that just makes it easier for veteran players and that won’t help newbies, I’m assuming you want this so newbies benefit from the event right?

Unless you block old players from t1 worlds this probably won’t work.

It is just a way to open the event to more worlds not necessarily for newbies.

1 Like

I think the main reason to have them on a T1 is that one of them has night azure gleam as it’s planetary gleam, but it doesn’t spawn anywhere.
People would probably lose meteors on purpose to get that gleam lol

7 Likes

I would. (10 characters)

1 Like

Yes I get that. But I don’t get the reason for changing the cuttle trunk mechanic lol

If Gleambow Happens Portals will go down everywere again

MY NIGHT AZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE. MY NIGHT AZUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE

I’m a gleam zombie XD

Not just Night Azure. There are several that I would like to see come out in more quantity. Letting a meteor go dormant is absolutely a tactic that I was thinking of. Would still need to get there first and identify the meteor. For most players, that is the only difficult part of the event.

Cuttletrunk would be fine if their effect was not a kill effect. The Devs have not and likely wont introduce an event with a kill mechanic on a T1. I could be completely wrong about the Dev’s perspective though.

Grapple ground+break meteor=no death. After meteor complete grapple cuttle hit with totem still no death :blush:

1 Like

Oh, I know how beat Gleambow meteors without being killed. But will a newbie that stumbles across a meteor? Even the Oortmas event requires a player to engage before the spitters become aggressive.

I like Gleambow just the way it is, I just want it to be on more worlds. If that means stripping out the kill mechanic on T1 worlds, then that works for me.

The Cuttletrunks are barely a distraction in the event anyway. The true challenge is the timer and player competition. That will remain regardless of what mob is there to be a token challenge.

I need Night Azure gleam for my build so I would defo be losing on purpose :joy:

3 Likes