What would you do if there was no world regen and you found a dead beacon?

In the past, I made a thread about a CRAZY IDEA : what if there was no automatic regen on prestigious dead beacons?

Thinking back about that thread, if there was no world regen on dead beacons and you stumbled upon a build where the beacon just ran out of fuel, what would you do?

• • No matter what build it is, I would respect it and I’d try to leave it as a planetary landmark.
  • • Only if the build is nice enough, I would respect it and I’d try to leave it as a planetary landmark.
  • • I would scavenge the ruins for nice blocks I could use. Law of the Jungle, man!
  • • I would take everything I can carry! I found it, it’s mine now!
  • • I would scavenge the most valuable things and THEN warn the people via chat/forum. You rats will only get my scraps!
  • • Meh. Not interested. Better things to do at my own beacon.
  • • Meh. Not interested. I’ll warn the people via chat/forum, though. Maybe they’ll be more interested than me?
  • • I would throw regen bombs at it to clean that filth away!
  • • I would re-claim the plots for myself to protect them, and give them back to their original owner if he/she ever comes back! I’m a hero! :sunglasses:
  • • I would re-claim the plots for myself and never give them up. You snooze, you lose! :cowboy_hat_face:
  • • I would re-claim the plots for myself to protect them, and give them back to their original owner if he/she ever comes back, for the right price. Let money talk! :smiling_imp:
  • • I’d complain on the forums that it’s a terrible design to have the beacons stay like that once they’re out of fuel!
  • • I’d do something else! (comment below…) :nerd_face:
  • • Ftaghn! :space_invader:

0 voters

I do one of two things usually. If its a really nice build I will loot and save it. If its not I will portal it carry the stuff I want home then if friends are on I let them get what they want then I will let it regen if theres no regen I guess.

PS I always claim n plot them everytime.

1 Like

If I were voted queen of the prom, I’d ask Trisha to stand with me because we’ve been besties since jr high.

6 Likes

if i know whos it is i save it if i got plots.
if i dont. i scavenge it.

Yeah I saved you guys road that day I went through your town remember Buugi?

Yes and i thank you for that. I do have saved lots of things too.

If it were a build that had obvious effort put into it and I had the plots to spare. I’d try to preserve it for the owner if they ever came back.

I’m good for just about everything in game right now so I wouldn’t loot a thing really. I don’t think I’d even touch anything in the storage. At some point down the line though, I might need the plots that I’d be using to protect the build. I’m not sure what I’d do in that case right now. I guess I’d just cross that bridge when I got to it.

1 Like

I would definitely look out for those I know in game and save their stuff. Unless I know they quit playing.

Speaking of which if anyone knows Cazic in PS I have taken 2 plots on Mckrib by your build if you want them just msg me here and I will turn them over to you.

1 Like

If I had enough plots to spare and it was a really nice build I’d plot it to save it but leave alone in case the owner came back, but only for a few months or so. Eventually I would then probably start scavenging bits and pieces until finally it’s all gone. As much as someone else’s build could be so amazing I wouldn’t be comfortable just taking it over and claiming it as mine. … (the only reason I would be ok with eventually scavenging everything is because the alternative of regen is that all the hard work of the previous owner would be completely lost instead of repurposed.)

I do the same as @Conkuur. I have a few builds in my list that I’ve saved because they are nice. Even use the workshop in the one. But I’ve had them for 5+ months now so don’t think they are coming back. But the other builds I’ve grabbed I loot the items I want(don’t even loot the whole thing) and I’ll let either friends, guild mates, or the forum(only did the forum once so far) know it’s there. In every case tho I kept it plotted and gave permissions

2 Likes

I try to give back if something that looks like more than some mud blocks and effort had been put in it, but also recently got me a headache… claimed a guild plot with guild helixes on… and I continue to try to communicate with the “leader” of the guild according to the guild book, to try to give it back… but complete silence, no reaction… no reactions to signs I put on the plot in front of him… just watches and runs around… So this one I am rather unexpectedly stuck with… with active previous owner… -.-

1 Like

It would really depends on the build and my whims. I might do almost any of the things on the poll. The most fun option would be finding a small, yet intricate and unique build and then add on to it somehow

2 Likes

If it’s a beacon in my guild I always try to save it the way it is exactly and I keep it for a long time to see if I can give it back to the original person. If that doesn’t work then I give the whole thing to a new person.

If I find something in the wild it just depends on what it is

4 Likes

I kind of just stay within my beacons and build, I don’t have mental maps of everything and aside from using the hubbit network to go between my beacons or ultima to find some shops, I’m otherwise lost these days. So I just build.

Speaking of which Huntsman. The plots you claimed on lamblis by the Ultima gate are a friend of mine that quit and I wouldn’t mind taking them over?

sure you can have them :slight_smile:

Ty I’ll try and contact ya next time I’m online

I have had the somewhat luck to find a very small somewhat base that the player hadn’t fueled the beacon. It wasn’t much, couple machines, two storage bins with some items that are easy to get, so I took it all.

It was near my first base and I had seen it there but never seen the player, and the player never built walls, so I didn’t feel bad doing so.

On a nice build, or one that has a lot of items, I would take over but not take anything and would probably leave a message to contact me. But I would want to make sure they were the true owner, not someone who wanted it.

I’d give a time limit, four months probably and then take what I want, let others know so they can get what they want and then announce it here that I would be there on such and such time to unplot it.

I’m most likely to rifle through an abandoned build, grab anything I want, then let others know. If it looks like a decent amount of work went into the build, I’ll plot it, loot it, and keep a record of the shiny stuff I took. That way if the owners come back, I can refund them and give back the build. If they don’t come back in a week or two, I’ll decide wether to keep the build or trash it.