If you ever asked how small programs and routines can be

Just watch this video (fullscreen 1080x60fps). It’s a graphical demo programmed by a team at a programmers party and then overworked a bit later …

And then try to believe that all what you have seen and listend to - The objects, the movement, the music, the effects - is all coming in a nice small data of 64kb … not mb or gb … KB! ^^ … All the code is also included, of cause … And it would run on your home PC (if it is not old … way old ^^).

Still don’t believe? … I also did not when seeing my first 64kb demo at 2000 (farbrausch 8 by the team fairlight) running on my pc at that time ^^

These demos (there are of cause many that are not limited in size :wink: ) are made by programmers and componists to show their skills, the power of the PCs we have and - for sure - for MEGA FUN! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hope I just didn’t wasted your time and got a bit of attention for this awsome artists who work there in the scene without being recognized by most the people :wink:

It always impresses me what you can do if you just understand math enough^^ But that said, there’s a reason that they didn’t include anything organic and dynamic. And no real instruments. But as soon as we can overcome that hurdle… oh boy^^

p.s. I never watched Inception but even I noticed the reference xD

1 Like

Show offs :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, somehow yes, but still: ARTISTS! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

PS: Oups … replied to Kuma instead ^^