Illuminoorti Republic

Hey there everybody! A lot of you have recently asked or messaged me about whether or not I am planning to organize a Guild, and how you may join. For the most part, I have answered that I will not be recruiting until guild support is in game. That still holds true for now, though I have put together some structure and roles for my guild that I would like to share with you all.

The guild is named, as I have alluded to in various previous posts, the Illuminoorti. This is a play on words for Illuminati, the mysterious fabled organization that supposedly controls the world behind the scenes, and the old working title for Boundless, Oort Online. The Oort, lore wise, are the extinct ancient civilization that populated the known universe before the Boundless Era (what I call the present time of the player). It is the Oort that left behind those ancient tech pieces that we dig up to use in our own technology, and the creators of the Titans, Boundless’ big bad end game bosses.

Lore: The Illuminoorti is an organization dedicated toward the discovery and understanding of Oort relics and technology throughout the universe. in order to achieve these goals, the Illuminoorti Republic is spread across as many habitable planets as possible in search of ancient relics and Titans. The Republic employs multiple member chapters working toward the achievement of this goal.

Mission: To seek illumination through the Oort.
To command and control the largest guild in the universe through aggressive expansion and structured leadership.
To Unravel the mysteries left behind by the Oort.

The guild is organized into three main tiers. The parent guild is simply known as the Illuminoorti, and acts as the centralized leadership and treasury of the guild. This is where I put my MOST TRUSTED members. Members of the Illuminoorti, including myself, act as a council to guide and assist the entire organization. Members of the Illuminoorti are known as Inquisitors, and have absolute authority throughout all of the supporting chapters. As my most trusted members, only proven trustworthy, skillful and talented players are among this rank.

The Illuminoorti Republic is made up of a multitude of chapters. Each chapter is it’s own sovereign township or city, fully self sufficient with it’s own population of craftsmen. The largest chapter in a solar system is the System Capital, and the largest chapter on a planet is the Planetary Capital. All smaller chapters in these regions pay a small tithe upward to these capitals, and in return, these capitals maintain their own treasuries to support the smaller chapter townships. The chapter master of the largest city on a planet becomes the Governor of that planet, whos job is to lead and grow his own planet as best he can. He also nominates a Senator to act as his representative of his planet in the over all Republic and solar system.

With the chapter system, guild expands outwards and upwards with many aggressively competitive but cooperative groups each working together to raise the over all influence of the entire guild. As a chapter city is built, it may create it’s own successor chapter to support it and grow it’s influence, and grow to the status of planetary or system capital. The greater the success of a system capital, the more support the smaller chapters will receive from their founding chapters. The more a system capital grows, the more the entire guild prospers.

The Crafts and Ranks: Each craft is based entirely on the Boundless professions system. This is more of a “fluff” system than anything else, and represents a players professional focus and ranking within the guild.

The Crafts:
Basic “fighter” title- Warden
Basic “crafter” title- Fabricator
Basic “miner” title- Excavator
Basic “hunter” title- Ranger
Basic “builder” title- Mason
Basic “trader” title- Merchant

Ranks:
probationary- n/a
full member- Adept
officer- Grand
founder- Chapter Master
founder of largest city on a planet- Governor
founder of largest city in a solar system- System Lord

Ranks below chapter founder or administration ranks go by title and craft, so for example- Warden James, Adept Warden Luke, Grand Warden Ollie.

When a player joins the guild, they declare their chosen profession and are placed in a probationary status. Those who prove themselves useful to the guild are promoted to the “Adept” rank of their craft, and those who do not either remain in probationary status or are removed from the guild. The best Adept of their craft in a chapter is promoted to the “Grand” title and acts as a chapter officer.The founder of a chapter is simply known as “Chapter Master” and is charged with the success and growth of their own chapter, as well as insures their chapter pays fair tithes to their planet’s capital city. In return, they may petition their capital city for supplies from the capital’s treasury. A Chapter Master is chosen by the Governor of their home planet from the officer ranks. A Senator is the nominated representative of a planet, chosen by the Governor of a planet and acts as intermediary between their home planet and the rest of the Republic.

I think that covers the basic structure of the guild. Extra details like RP fluff to come later.

18 Likes

Would join just based on the name, haha
Love the organization though very well done!! :grinning:
I feel people often overlook how important organization is when trying to craft a serious guild.

1 Like

The RP just got real in Boundless!

Amazing work putting this together, looks like you’ve thought everything through thoroughly.

(my wants in a guild/chapter aren’t that much but they are always hard to find lol - no squeakers, serious when on raids, adult humour encouraged, drink a lot while gaming)

6 Likes

or game a lot while drinking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

either way is fine haha !

2 Likes

My guild structure is designed to accommodate as many kinds of players as possible. Those looking to lead others may strive for the rank of Chapter Master, and lead in a manner that best suits themselves. Chapters can focus on what ever aspect that the Chapter Master would like, organizing themselves to focus on pve or economy or pvp. The more successful a chapter is, the more likely it is to grow into a planetary or system capital, and grow it’s influence in a very real and measurable way. Those looking for the support of a community will fit nicely into the rank and file of a chapter, and lone wolf types will have the support of a town to sell their wares to.

1 Like

so loner types are welcome too? in that case they might be free lancer kind of members who do different kind of tasks whatever makes them tick at any given moment and they might go by a title of… Loner :grinning: or Texas Ranger :joy:

situation full of contradictions but might work haha
Grand Loaner Chuck :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The esteemed rank of Grand is kinda expected to be the leader of ones craft within a chapter. How does one become a leader when they shun their followers? The highest rank a lone player may ever achieve is Adept, but what use does a lone wolf have of titles?

How will you measure growth in terms of non building things, to know who “deserves” more support? Dedicated Crafting chapters or dedicated PvPrs chapters can’t really show growth by building bigger cities to become capitals. Same with growing the chapter bigger in numbers, the best PvP chapters will probably want to keep small and dedicated.

@Havok40k if your guild were to grow to a large size, wouldn’t you allow for formation of smaller more specialized groups?
You know letting people petition to create the “Silent Ones, a special 6 man assassination team” using the name and purpose just as an example.

That job lays with the chapter master. A Chapter master’s duty is to keep record of their chapter’s achievements such as titan kills or combat actions. Based on the chapter’s charter, their tithe would be proportional to their mission (5% or more, at their discretion) and their success rate. As chapter masters are selected from eligible officers of existing chapters, certain standards and commitments are expected of a chapter master. This helps make sure the support that a chapter gets from their parent city is proportional to their deeds.

You could do this two various ways in this guild. The leader of this group could be a specialized “chapter” serving a parent chapter, or as a grand Warden in a chapter with a troop of their own specially trained adepts. If they go the route of an independent chapter, they may have to supplement their crafting or mining needs by trading their services for coin or supplies with other chapters. Otherwise, they would employ adepts within their chapter to meet their supply needs.

Hmm can you nest sub-guilds in sub-guilds?

1 Like

Was 100% interested in being in a guild of yours just based on your demeanor and leadership capabilities already shown in this forum. Am now 110% interested.

1 Like

I dunno, but a workaround could probably be managed.

1 Like

Locked and archived to reduce confusion for an upcoming guild promo post.