I'm super excited!

I’ve been following this game from a distance since 15’, as I didn’t have a setup that can run the game, and I had a lot going on in life, yet I FINALLY upgraded my PC so that I’m able to play, and I’m extremely eager to hop in game and finally start my journey.
Only thing holding me back is this upcoming week is finals for me and I’m dedicated to my studies first, so I told myself not to play til after, because I can already tell I’m going to want to play all day :slight_smile: Yet, when I do start it up, any tips or recommendations for the new player experience?

Thanks, and here’s to hoping I see some of you guys in-game!

38 Likes

Welcome we are glad to have you <3

3 Likes

Welcome!

There’s a few videos on youtube. @Jiivita and @majorvex have good ones.

My advice is play around with skills. You get free resets up to level 20. Follow the tutorial to learn the ropes on basic stuff. At some point your journal objectives will send you to harder worlds. Don’t stress completing those until you feel comfortable with the game mechanics on your home world.

The knowledge tab in the menu has a list of all recipes and where to find them/what drops them. And feel free to ask any questions here. You normally will get a response pretty quickly.

For now good luck on finals!

4 Likes

When you start the game seems pretty difficult but don’t let that impression ruin the experience for you!

You can always ask for help the community is really nice.

First thing you will notice is that you won’t be able to do everything with a single character (at least not at the beginning) so you will have to get multiple characters for different activities.

I would recommend starting with a miner and a crafter to quickly level up, get coin and cubits for plots.

2 Likes

Welcome!!! Starting is fun and exciting!! Follow the tutorials, talk to lots of people in game and build near enough to someone else’s portals so that you can easily travel. Other then that we’re all here on the forums to help!! Fire away with questions :blush:

3 Likes

You are the hero we need!

3 Likes

Glad to have you here, well as @Aragorn said just follow the tutorials first and explore the game for yourself, meet people, ask them for hints or if anything you need, also join discords

This is the official one:

And this one is mine (like a trading hub) but im online 24/7 so i can answer every second

also post in forum if you have any questions, community is dope af :stuck_out_tongue:

Also dont worry about stuff you dont get, it takes time, be patience and keep a smile :smiley:

3 Likes

5 YEARS?!??!?! You are not only one but

Oh, dude, i’m just shocked, and i’m out of my words!!!
congratulations and i’m very happy about you! just let us know where are u live and we wil bring any help to you

3 Likes

Come by Legendville mall on Tana for some free stuff :blush:

2 Likes

3 Likes

That is so freaking amazing, but don’t forget - forbidden fruit is so sweet. I have no words to say about my opinion, i was dreaming about this this game for 2 years. Just have fun :heart: :boundless:

I hope that experienced players will help you! Please ask questions on the forum and discord!
Unfortunately, I don’t know enough English to explain the basics of the game to you. I’m sorry but can try to do this for you! Just let me know!:heart:

3 Likes

Cant wait for you to join the family. You’re are going to love it. Shout if you need anything.

2 Likes

Try and keep/collect everything you see and pick up were practical as eventually you will use/need trade pretty much everything. We are a bunch of horders :grin: … and welcome to Boundless.

2 Likes

I think the best advice I can give is plan ahead. Make a bigger workroom than you need with more storage than you need. I suggest designing your first workroom to potentially have 2 of each machine, and to have at least 20 different chests for item categories. Once you settle in you will be highly resistant to moving your stuff and you will wish you had planned out your workroom better.

Also, slightly a self plug, but I think building your main base under a shop in a mall is a fantastic place for a new player to live. Easy access to shopping, pricing and portals. Happy to have you at my Legendville Mall if you want :blush:

1 Like

The most basic advice I can give -

Start on an “easy” planet; you won’t have the skills to break blocks on a tougher one and the wildlife will kill you. You get the option in the sanctum.

Land near a big city so you can hopefully mooch off their portals if they have any. If you plan on hunting, put 3 points into Kinetic Armor and you’ll mostly be damage-proof on T3 worlds, although not invincible.

Make a 2nd character fairly early to be your crafter so you don’t have to waste precious skill points - otherwise your character will be a mess.

Last tip, if you get irritated or stuck the community is eager to help.

3 Likes

Welcome to boundless :wink:

All i will say is your knowledge tab is your friend and if you have questions ask them (even in game) the most of use are almost always ready to help.

Also what will help take your time to learn and progress.
And most materials are sellable and buyable in existing shops so short cuts are available in that way😉

2 Likes

Thanks man! I started watching Jiivita’s channel recently, very good content.

1 Like

welcome to the community :slight_smile: and to the game :slight_smile: i hope u will love it as we do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just hope you have a lot of free time. Because this game will eat all of it

4 Likes

Welcome :blush:

My tip: gathering mats (leaves, beans, orbs) and selling them made me all my coin in my earlier days. People get lazy it seems :stuck_out_tongue: there was always a demand

1 Like